New Athearn Genesis GP15-1 price
The brand new Athearn HO Genesis GP15-1 in boxcar paint scheme is offered in Germany for
DC version 210 Euro / 258 USD / 188 GBP
Sound version 330 Euro / 406 USD/ 295 GBP
I will skip this one. That is the first time I will not buy a model I would like to have because I am not willing to pay the price.
(Buying in US is not a much better bargain today due to shipping and import tax)
Reinhard
Reinhard,I agree I wouldn't pay those prices either.. Nope

I been wanting a Walthers SW1 but,not at today's going prices.. Nope

Bingo! I bought a older Walthers/Roco SW1 for $45.00 with free shipping off e-Bay. Thumbsup

Its a very smooth running and just what SSRy was looking for.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak....... just installed a Tsunami 2 and LEDs :oops:
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak....... just installed a Tsunami 2 and LEDs :oops:

Cheers Thumbsup
==========================================

In my case I have a strong spirit so,awhile back I picked up a Walthers Chessie GP15 with DCC/Sound for $99.00 at a train show. T'is no Genesis but,she'll do.

Now on to a Walthers FM 10-44.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
faraway Wrote:The brand new Athearn HO Genesis GP15-1 in boxcar paint scheme is offered in Germany for
DC version 210 Euro / 258 USD / 188 GBP
Sound version 330 Euro / 406 USD/ 295 GBP
I will skip this one. That is the first time I will not buy a model I would like to have because I am not willing to pay the price.
(Buying in US is not a much better bargain today due to shipping and import tax)

Prices in my area are about the same anyway. With only one store left in Colorado, the prices have shot up considerably.