Weekly Photo Fun 3/2 - 3/8/18
Street running on Division Street, March 2 1979.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

There are still passenger trains on the Wilderson division.     Charlie
This picture may not seem super special, but it is. This is probably the first time in over 5 years that a train has actually run on my home layout. I have posed shots on it, but I haven't had power hooked up to it in some time. I took everything off, vacuumed the layout up, and cleaned the rails. I used 1645 here to travel along the tracks and check which rails were down (many of the wires had been pulled from storing things under the layout). As of tonight, there are temporary fixes but all tracks are powered all the time, except for some yard tracks, due to Peco's power routing switches, though this doesn't pose much of an issue in practice other than shutting off the sounds on parked locomotives.

[Image: 28468763_10154679081554364_1222897173377581056_o.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Mikados (2-8-2) were the preferred power of freights on the Leetown Division.CNR S1B #3254 is seen in the yard getting ready for her next assignment.

[Image: 39686459275_b8beb8b0bc_b.jpg]
Chris,

Nice to see you posting again.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:Chris,

Nice to see you posting again.

Bruce
Yes, hopefully I'll have more to share in the near future!

Speaking of which, I figured this would be a neat shot:

[Image: 28468106_10154681566439364_2538143329099448320_o.jpg]
At Ridley Park PA Station this morning:

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:At Ridley Park PA Station this morning:

I wonder where I can find "Harry 'the Horse' Henderson" decals...
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:At Ridley Park PA Station this morning:

I wonder where I can find "Harry 'the Horse' Henderson" decals...
It definitely looked like it was a custom job Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I've been putting off this job for some time, but finally decided to get it done so ballasting can resume on the upper level. The job is to move a curve on the upper level of the layout, at the end of this aisle...

[Image: Layoutconstructionviews-August-September2014001.jpg]

The curve goes right around the end of the aisle....

[Image: More%20layout%20progress...%20003.jpg]

...and connects to the mainline track which was ballasted some time ago...

[Image: MORE%20UPPER%20LEVEL%20VIEWS....%20012.jpg]

Work underway, with the track temporarily fixed in its new position so that the cork to the right could be removed, and new cork added to the left side...

[Image: S0235631.jpg]

[Image: S0245633.jpg]

The reason for moving the curve (actually, I just made it a bit tighter, down to about 33" radius) is because the two tracks to the right, in the photo below, will eventually be hidden, and I needed room for some scenery to help with the hiding. They go into a staging area in what was formerly my paint shop, on the other side of the wall/backdrop.
The pencil line between them and the mainline represents the former edge of the cork: I simply ran a utility knife, held at an angle, near the edge of the relocated track, then used a scraper to lift the old cork. Some of it was re-layed on the inside of the new curve, and I also used some new cork, too.
After trimming the new inside edge of the cork, I ran some coarse sandpaper over both edges, then vacuumed up the debris.

[Image: S0265637.jpg]

Once the track had been re-spiked into its new position, I applied ballast, groomed it with a 1/2" brush, soaked it well with a spray of "wet" water, then added some diluted white glue, as you can see here...

[Image: S0285640.jpg]

Wayne
Looks good! Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75