Things I miss or can't find
(01-18-2022, 06:16 PM)Charlie B Wrote: OK this is a pet peeve of mine about the forum. I may be dumb but I have a hard time finding the place to start a new thread.  Now there is a page that says "Portal" which in my way of thinking would be where to start but it isn't, so could we have a link at the top of the page that says "start a new thread" or something like that that would take us to the page where we decide what forum our post should be under.  Currently I have to type in the menu line "big blue trains .com to get to the dispatchers office.
Charlie

Charlie, if I want to go to the main page where all of our subforums are list, I go to the top of any page and click on the round Big Blue logo.  Once there, just click on the forum that you want to start a new thread in, and look for the "Post Thread" button. That's the easiest way to get there. I also have bookmarked https://bigbluetrains.com/index.php in my browser to go there quickly. And one more way, go to the bottom of a page and you will see a "jump menu", you can select which forum you want to go to that way, and again, look for the "Post Thread" button.

When I come here, I don't use the portal, I bookmarked the, "View Today's Posts" link:
https://bigbluetrains.com/search.php?action=getdaily
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I use the link to view unread posts to read the daily posts. I had forgot about the emblem button.  I just think it would be so simple to have a link in the menu bar rather than use a logo that does not say it is a link or having more bookmarks. I believe in the KISS method of things. I have never used the open buddy list link and isn't view new posts and view todays posts almost the same thing?  Icon_e_biggrin
Charlie
Some may have buddies, I'm not that keen on the concept, but it's part of the software. I don't use, "View New Posts" because it just gives you new posts since your last visit, I always use "View Today's Posts" since it gives you all new posts for the past 24 hours. I don't come here through the portal either. I'll talk to Pat and he may be able to add, "Go to Home Page". In the meantime, the logo is a much larger target...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Heck Don, don't bother to change anything, I will remember the logo input now we have had this discussion and if I don't it is no fault of you guys. Wink 
Charlie