Los Angeles Junction Ry Plan-First Module
(01-23-2019, 02:24 PM)lajry Wrote: This image shows both modules at my apartment. The Styrofoam is in place but not happy with the big gaps between the 2 pieces that were on hand. Will buy a 4' x 8' sheet & cut to fit. Also need to add PVC pipes to the legs to raise the modules to 50" at top of rails. the modules will be above the AC control box on wall. Plus the legs will be on casters to let me move the modules around for maintenance.
Here's the plan overview with some dimensions. The plan was done with 3rd Planit.

And here's the new modules setup in my apartment. The cement blocks are temporary. Want to raise the height to 50" at rail tops using PVC pipes.

Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
[attachment=33788]
(01-25-2019, 01:33 PM)lajry Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 02:24 PM)lajry Wrote: This image shows both modules at my apartment. The Styrofoam is in place but not happy with the big gaps between the 2 pieces that were on hand. Will buy a 4' x 8' sheet & cut to fit. Also need to add PVC pipes to the legs to raise the modules to 50" at top of rails. the modules will be above the AC control box on wall. Plus the legs will be on casters to let me move the modules around for maintenance.
Here's the plan overview with some dimensions. The plan was done with 3rd Planit.

And here's the new modules setup in my apartment. The cement blocks are temporary. Want to raise the height to 50" at rail tops using PVC pipes.

Added an image of the tracks loosely in place. Waiting on more Micro Engineering #5 code 70 switches.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
Are you not worried the pvc pipes will have too much wobble?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
The PVC pipe will be "fitted" over about 1' of each folding legs, so shouldn't be too much wobble.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
The PVC pipe will be "fitted" over about 1' of each folding legs, so shouldn't be too much wobble.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
Andy, looks like you will have an AWESOME switching layout Applause , Really looking forward to seeing your progress.

I had a 8'x3' switching layout for a few years, it was fun, lots to do.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
I haven't been here in a while. It looks good Andy.
It's good to see you again, Russ. Goldth 

Wayne
Andy, have you done any more work on this module?
Russ
Here's my latest plan-reduced. Had to reduce it by 1/2 to make it fit in this website. it's just flipped end for end so the staging yard lead is closer to the top. Now need to learn how to wire my new Micro Engineering switches to run trains through them! Moved Murray Bag so it has 2 spurs like the real in one. Plus moved a couple other industries to allow more cars to be switched!

Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
Here's the staging yard. There's a bridge between switching module & the yard. It has staging trays to take cars off/on the layout. They'll be stored under the yard.

Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
Looks good, Andy. I've just been killing a bit of time today while watching grand kids. I realized I haven't been to Big Blue lately and thought I'd check in.
See above for my latest layout plan crude as it is. ~}
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA