Weekly Photo Fun 7/20 - 7/27/18
WPMA-19 sets out cars at Mid Atlantic Waste Paper.

Bruce

Another Athearn RTR shell got a free ride on a Trainman drive (and some LEDs and details too).

[Image: 41742356180_2da50054b9_c.jpg]
[Image: 43550599541_6b34a8e023_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Somebody has to clean up those messy tracks.....

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Aberdeen Yard,Leetown

Several years ago, I picked up this MDC boxcar, either off the "used" table at a nearby hobby shop or a train show.  It likely cost less than $5.00, as it was missing the queen posts for the truss rods, and a few other details, along with the trucks.
I removed all of the grabirons and replaced them with custom-bent wire ones, then added a simple fishbelly-type underframe, and lettered it for MoW service on my freelanced EG&E...

[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd095.jpg]

Recently, I acquired a similar car from a friend, and similarly, having no queenposts or other details, although it was fitted with Kadee archbar trucks.  I decided to put it into MoW service, too, but decided to dress it up a bit, too...

[Image: 100_7331.jpg]

Pleased with the improvements, I decided to do something similar with the first car....

[Image: 100_7330.jpg]

Both cars also got improved brake details (the first one had no brake rigging), and I was surprised to find that I had paint which matched that on the first car...

[Image: 100_7332.jpg]

Both cars need further painting and some "glass" in their windows, but I like this revised version better than the original.

Wayne
(07-24-2018, 11:39 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Several years ago, I picked up this MDC boxcar, either off the "used" table at a nearby hobby shop or a train show.  It likely cost less than $5.00, as it was missing the queen posts for the truss rods, and a few other details, along with the trucks.
I removed all of the grabirons and replaced them with custom-bent wire ones, then added a simple fishbelly-type underframe, and lettered it for MoW service on my freelanced EG&E...

[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd095.jpg]

Recently, I acquired a similar car from a friend, and similarly, having no queenposts or other details, although it was fitted with Kadee archbar trucks.  I decided to put it into MoW service, too, but decided to dress it up a bit, too...

[Image: 100_7331.jpg]

Pleased with the improvements, I decided to do something similar with the first car....

[Image: 100_7330.jpg]

Both cars also got improved brake details (the first one had no brake rigging), and I was surprised to find that I had paint which matched that on the first car...

[Image: 100_7332.jpg]

Both cars need further painting and some "glass" in their windows, but I like this revised version better than the original.

Wayne

Ed, it's gratifying to see that your cataract surgery went well, and that you still have great fashion sense, too!

Wayne
(07-24-2018, 02:00 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: Ed, it's gratifying to see that your cataract surgery went well, and that you still have great fashion sense, too!

Wayne

Hi Doc---the above picture was taken at my nephew's wedding reception this past weekend---I guess I still haven't learned my limits yet---like Sharon said '' you can dress them up but you still can't take them out"