Electric steeple cab
I got this steeple cab kit that I thought had a close resemblance to bush terminal #10/22. It's a pretty basic kit with no detail parts. #10 later became #22 and the pantograph was changed similar to a trolley pole type. I found a trolley pole and bell I can use, anyone have a an idea on what headlights to use?
[Image: 20180922_065853_zpszqkitid3.jpg]
[Image: bte10gebuildersphoto_zpsioihaimq.jpg]
[Image: bte22_zpsjjkrb5cg.jpg]
(Photos are from Bush terminal trainweb website)
Look at the Cal Scale steam headlights at the Bowser Trains website.

Bruce
Thanks for the suggestion Bruce, I got the headlights, bell and marker lights for an rs3 project.
I got my parts in the mail today, I think they're pretty accurate to the prototype. I'll need to figure out a way to keep the trolley pole a little lower as it would look pressed under over head wire since I'm not going to have them.
[Image: 20180928_153802_zps75wgdacs.jpg]
(09-28-2018, 03:57 PM)Rscott417 Wrote: I got my parts in the mail today, I think they're pretty accurate to the prototype. I'll need to figure out a way to keep the trolley pole a little lower as it would look pressed under over head wire since I'm not going to have them.

I think single-pole steeple cabs went with a rope from near the end of the pole to tied around the end railing.  when they changed direction, it would get tied to the other end.

Attached Files Image(s)

David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
All of the photos I've seen of this engine always has the trolley pole angled over the end with the bell so that's where I'm going to place it. I was able to stretch out the springs so that the pole would hang and not be pulled back up. I also tried to shape some handrails. The ones on the nose are fine, the one on the walkway is tough to get the correct angles but it's pretty good.
[Image: 20180929_073815_zpsdoczq08s.jpg]
I ordered a bachmann 44 ton locomotive for the chassis. I also did a google search of cannonball ge steeple cab and came across laserkit.com who offers jigs for the handrails and other detail parts http://www.laserkit.com/ldgecab1.html Now I just need to figure out what color bush's steeple cabs were.
Looking good!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(09-29-2018, 05:49 AM)Rscott417 Wrote: .....I also tried to shape some handrails. The ones on the nose are fine, the one on the walkway is tough to get the correct angles but it's pretty good.

You can easily make a template for the walkway handrails,  using .060" sheet styrene (or a similar facsimile) cut as a rectangle, a little longer than the hood and a bit taller than the high-end.  Place it on the walkway, and hold it against the side of the hood, with one end touching the cab, then use a sharp pencil to transfer the shape of the hood's slope onto the plastic. 
Cut and file away the excess material, then cement it to a larger rectangular sheet of similar material - this sheet should extend beyond the front end of the hood and above the entire length of the hood's slope.  This base will prevent the wire from slipping under the form as you bend it to match the template, and if you leave enough excess material around the form, you can tape it to your work surface so that it doesn't slide away as you do the bending.

You now have a form on which you can shape brass or phosphor-bronze wire into identical handrails, with a constant slope on all, perfectly matching that of the hoods.

Wayne
Thanks Mike.
Wayne I purchased the handrail jig from laser kit, I'm sure it'll be much better than any jig I make myself.
Photo 
            I remember there being two different kits available. One is the Cannonball kit shown here and the other a brass kit by Red Ball.  I think I got the photos in. 
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
(12-24-2020, 05:33 AM)toptrain Wrote: I remember there being two different kits available. One is the Cannonball kit shown here and the other a brass kit by Red Ball.  would put photos of the kits here but your present URL system doesn't allow for direct download of photos. I have them nowhere online only on my computer.
frank

Frank, you can certainly upload photos directly to here, to be sure, we recommend it over linking, just think how many we lost with the Photobucket debacle. Just go to the bottom of the page that your composing in, click on "browse", select your photo on your computer, then click on, "add attachment". Repeat for more photos. You can place them anywhere in your post by clicking on, "insert photo"...

Just one thing, try and keep your photos and files to a reasonable size. 640 x480 or 800 x 600 and anything around 150K to 300K is more than sufficient and easy to read.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(09-29-2018, 05:49 AM)Rscott417 Wrote: All of the photos I've seen of this engine always has the trolley pole angled over the end with the bell so that's where I'm going to place it. I was able to stretch out the springs so that the pole would hang and not be pulled back up...

On the real ones, the pole would be reversible depending on the direction of travel, and most modelled versions of the poles are reversible, too.  Simply add a hook or eye to the front of both hoods, and you should be able to change the pole's orientation, and easily secure it at the proper height, too.

I had thought about making the Erie Northshore's part of my layout as an interurban line, but instead decided to make it a "former interurban", now served by steam locomotives...they're at least partly correct, as they do run on electricity. Icon_e_wink

Wayne
I have added photos to the third most recent post in this thread. They show both the Red Ball brass and the Cannon Ball plastic kits for these small industrial electric switchers.
Frank Epaws pop. I can't finish the assembly and paint and letter them properly. Does anyone want to tackle this job and complete these kits/ Talk to me?
frank
toptrain1@aol.com
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!