CNR Boxcar
Here is a project I did some months ago.

I began with a Tichy Train Group Rebuilt USRA Boxcar. I wanted to finish it as a CNR Boxcar series 470000.

As the CNR (just like the GTW) prototype was a little bit different than the normal Rebuilt USRA Boxcar, i had to make some modifications to the kit.

First, I had to replace the center sill with a Fishbelly I borrowed from an Accurail kit.

Then I replaced the side ladders with grab irons and made new stirrups more appropriate for the CNR prototype.

After some issues with paint and decals, here is the finished car.

Far from perfect but a nice addition to my car roster.
Guy from Southern Quebec.
(09-23-2018, 12:32 PM)CNR5103 Wrote: Here is a project I did some months ago.

I began with a Tichy Train Group Rebuilt USRA Boxcar. I wanted to finish it as a CNR Boxcar series 470000.

As the CNR (just like the GTW) prototype was a little bit different than the normal Rebuilt USRA Boxcar, i had to make some modifications to the kit.

First, I had to replace the center sill with a Fishbelly I borrowed from an Accurail kit.

Then I replaced the side ladders with grab irons and made new stirrups more appropriate for the CNR prototype.

After some issues with paint and decals, here is the finished car.

Far from perfect but a nice addition to my car roster.

Wow, nice work.  I started a similar USRA rebuild for the Frisco, using the Tichy kit and putting on Accurail fishbelly sills (on the right):

[Image: img_0886-jpg.29992]

Do you have any pictures of the underframe?  I kind of screwed mine up a bit.
(10-13-2018, 08:21 PM)gna Wrote: Do you have any pictures of the underframe?  I kind of screwed mine up a bit.

Thank you for your comments on all three cars.

Here is the picture you requested. I modified the lighting so you can better see the details.

This is one of my first underframe. Not perfect but you can't see the flaws when the car is on the track.  Icon_e_biggrin
Guy from Southern Quebec.