Weekly Photo Fun 11/16 - 11/22/18
WPMA-29 works Absecon Mills.

Bruce

Herr Schnabel

Last night, around 9-ish, I was looking for some material to build some ends for my TH&B gondolas, and sorta stumbled on some packages of stripwood.  Like a stupid cat following a laser pointer, " gondola ends" just sorta vapourised, and I decided that I had a boxcar which needed a lumber load...

[Image: Freightcarphotos005-2.jpg]

Not the exact same car as above, but one from the same class...

[Image: 100_7610.jpg]

Apparently, when it got to old man Wagner's siding, Scrawny Donny, the kid (in his '20s, I think) who helps out at the yard, couldn't get the doors open.  He strolled over to the coal yard next door, and asked Ephraim ("Bushy") Hoffentoth for some help.  Bushy (short for Bushmills, I hear) is a pretty big boy, but couldn't move the doors neither.  They did, however, manage to open the doors on the other (t'other in these parts) side, and discovered that the load had shifted somewhat, likely jammin' the doors on t'other side.  A 'phone call to the freight agent got a loco sent over to turn the car on the Shop's turntable, so's Scrawny Donny could git to unloadin'.

While he was busy, I noticed that it was after 6:00AM, and I decided to hit the hay, rather than work on gondola ends.

Wayne
For some reason I don't see the images.
Charlie
(11-22-2018, 05:05 AM)Charlie B Wrote: For some reason I don't see the images.
Charlie

That's probably due to photobucket, which has been having a number of outages recently.  My guess is that the new owners are revamping the site  somewhat.

Right now, the photos are visible.

Wayne
Yep visible now.
Charlie