Weekly Photo Fun 1/11 - 1/17/19
WPMA-17 makes it's way thru Chestnut Neck.

Bruce

Extra EG&E 260 southbound through the Niagara Peninsula

A couple of CNR workhorses make easy work of an up bound freight on the Stoney Creek hill

This was the scene at Reds Cafe at lunch time.  

Bruce

Just back from the paint shop....

[Image: 100_7732.jpg]

....but still needs to be weathered.

Wayne
(01-13-2019, 04:30 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: Just back from the paint shop....

....but still needs to be weathered.

Wayne

If it is "Just back from the paint shop" how comes it should be weathered?   Icon_e_confused
Guy from Southern Quebec.
(01-14-2019, 08:19 AM)CNR5103 Wrote: If it is "Just back from the paint shop" how comes it should be weathered? 

It's just back from my paintshop, not that of the TH&B.  Built in 1918, it should be showing some use by the time it appears on my late '30s-era layout.  The real ones never got to the TH&B until 1952, though, and were gone by 1960, so mine are stand-ins, and lettered the way I wanted them to look.  As far as I'm aware they never wore the lettering scheme shown.  It, or a variation of it, was introduced, I believe, in 1960.

Up until 1941, the only 40' cars owned by the TH&B were boxcars, and all other freight equipment ranged from 30' to 36' in length, often of wood or composite (wood and steel) construction.  That may be why so many TH&B modellers choose to model mostly the diesel era, even though many of the cars are also not truly representative of what the TH&B owned.  Some available models are, however, acceptable stand-ins and there are some very accurate ones, too.
Since I've known the TH&B for my entire life, this is my representation of it, an acknowledgement, however incorrect, to a "friend" no longer around.

Wayne