Historic Railroad pictures.
I have been scanning negatives and photos for the East Liverpool (Ohio) Historical Society and I have been given permission to share the railroad related ones with Big Blue. Some of the negatives are 8x10 so there are a lot of things in tha back ground that can be enlarged. I will post some of these pictures here from  time to time and I may even post some hoping for more information than I can provide. 
I will start with the only color slide in the collection so far. As close as I can guess, mid 50's taken on the west side of East Liverpool  under the Ohio River Bridge to Newell, WV.      Charlie
The pictures included with this post come from the same 8 X 10 negative. The quality is so good I could zoom in on a lot of details. 
The photo was taken between 1928 and 1933 as close as we can tell. The plant is the Walker brick plant between East Liverpool Ohio and Wellsville, Ohio. Once again, fron the East Liverpool Historical Society Eardly Collection. The first picture ifs a full scan (Greatly reduced for publishing here)     
The second is the section that shows some homes and the offices that were in the area. Keep in mind this is a blow up of a section of the original.      The next picture is an enlargement of the 2 automobiles      , followed by a close up of one of the kilns. Notice the ceramic building tiles in the rear of the kiln. 

Finally, the box cars on the siding. Perfect for any modeler in the 30's. The build date on the Automobile car is 2/17.            
Charlie
great photo's keep them coming  2285_
These 3 were in the Shone Family collection. 5x7 glass plates. A PRR E6 at Wooster, Ohio              Charlie
Outstanding Charlie---I'm really looking forward to viewing these historic pictures---thank you for starting another great thread
Wow, great collection. Thanks for sharing these, looking forward to see more. Glad you're taking the time to do this Charlie... Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thank you so much Charlie for these and all the photos you post. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Great images, Charlie.  Only after viewing them here,  did I notice that the Pennsy automobile car has end doors, too.  I also like the the stuff in the background that you've been able to pull from the negative, including that two-horse coach in the photo of 7377. 

It's amazing how much depth and detail is in those large negatives - they seem to have a richness unequaled even in some colour photography.

Wayne
The train in Wooster was a surprise. People from our area traveled of course but trying to find the location of some of the pictures is a challenge. I emailed these to my many rail friends and two of them cam back with Wooster, Ohio. I was then able to locate a photo of the Wooster station and the building behind matched. I was able to put a location on another picture that has been around the EL historical society for 2 years just today and it was taken in Mount Dora, FL, a vacation spot for one of the families. The picture we needed the location for was a post office/ general store. I had just scanned the original negative for the owner who had bought them from Ebay.  The other day my cousin gave me this picture from the collection      which had trees with a similar appearance so searching th MT Dora Historical Society site I found a match for this picture      , and this is the one that was posted on the Mt. Dora site.     
Without the internet this would have been impossible. It's no wonder I am not getting much done, but heck, I am having fun. 
I will be posting some mystery pictures and asking for help too. 
Charlie
(02-14-2019, 10:55 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Great images, Charlie.  Only after viewing them here,  did I notice that the Pennsy automobile car has end doors, too.  I also like the the stuff in the background that you've been able to pull from the negative, including that two-horse coach in the photo of 7377. 

It's amazing how much depth and detail is in those large negatives - they seem to have a richness unequaled even in some colour photography.

Wayne

Wayne not detract B's post but have you ever looked at the Denver public library railroad photo's ?
Jim, I don't recall having viewed that particular one, but I have glanced through several others.  While it's very enjoyable just to stroll through and gawk, it has a way of drawing me in, and I end-up spending time that I had intended to use to do something else.  Even doing it for project research has a tendency to lure me to stuff totally unrelated to what I originally set out to find.

A lot of the stuff Charlie's showing is in his area, and when I visit, he often points out areas where there were tracks or railroad facilities at one time, or I get a bit of history on areas through which we pass.  I find it very enjoyable to see and to hear the stories behind what I'm seeing or would have seen had I been there in an earlier era, and it also encourages me to be more observant.

Wayne
This picture is not as clear as many of them. I comes from the Goodwin collection and we have no idea where this one was taken. I am posting in case someone here may recognize the location.      Charlie
I believe the bridge is Bridge 55, about 1.5 miles east of Hammondsville, Ohio. The locomotive appears to be an Atlantic class owned by the Cleveland and Pittsburgh Railroad just several years before being absorbed into the PRR. The route is now the Bayard branch which runs from Rochester, Pa, swinging north just below Wellsville, Ohio at Yellow Creek and crossing the Fort Wayne line at Alliance. Taken before 1903.      Charlie
Great stuff sir..
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Following up on the picture of bridge 55. There were several more pictures taken at a later date. First picture is the news clipping.     
This is one of the pictures in the series That were taken by Arthur Shone, a resident of East Liverpool, Ohio.     
The work train was returning to Wellsville according to the news story, and there had been serious rain and flooding. They must have been moving at a fast speed because there are two locomotives and tenders in the mess at the other side.  This enlargement of the area shows the remains of one of the locomotives      , and the following is an enlargement of a caboose in the wreckage.     

The pictures below show more of the  wooden piles being driven to build a shoefly around the area.                    
Charlie