log haulers
I know  some are waiting to see farmhouse bash but while waiting for parts order my ADD kicked in and went on to finish  the log hauling flats I started some time age.
this is the prototype .

this is the basic tichy 53'6" flat  I started with.

this is what I did. the logging co bought the flats and for railroad shop adding the bunks and bulkhead ends for a grantee of 6 loads a week for two years. the deck was noched and uprights welded to the side frames , the H beams fit around the stake pockets. the logs are cut to 22 to 23 '

the mill wanted no more than 47 ' between the bulkheads to keep loads more compact for unloading reasons., that why there set back from end of car.

the next stop will be the paint shop

now I can get back to the farmhouse
Very nice looking cars with realistic looking logs. What did you use for logs?
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
The cars look nice, I'm guessing the "logs" are real?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(03-25-2019, 05:56 AM)Brakie Wrote: Very nice looking cars with realistic looking logs. What did you use for logs?

its a tree we have here called a mimosa that sprouts all over the place , it grows fast and straight.
They make a very realistic load !
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Well,those mimosas makes the best real logs I ever seen!!
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
thanks guys will post a photo after painting.
Ps if anyone would be interested in some logs pm me with your address and will send you some for the cost if postage.
(03-25-2019, 01:54 PM)jim currie Wrote: thanks guys will post a photo after painting.
Ps if anyone would be interested in some logs pm me with your address and will send you some for the cost if postage.

Curious to see them painted. Always fun to do what real railroads dit: use old generic cars and repurpose them later in service life.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/