eco Locomotives
Heres a few photos of one of my ECO Locomotives side views right and Left and the Roof Line. Yes this was built from a bn  BACHMANN GP40 SHELL and other scraps of various locomotives, my eco Loco rides on a ATLAS GP35 CHASSIS. Anyone else creating their own ECO Locomotives? 

ERIE RR aka Tom

[attachment=30544]

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting kitbash, Tom, especially since it's in N scale.   I'm not really up-to-date on these types locos, but is this based on a real one that's similar, or your version of what one could look like? 

(04-06-2019, 11:33 AM)TJ. Wrote: ..... Anyone else creating their own ECO Locomotives? 

Well, in a way, I suppose....my layout uses HO steam locomotives, which produce absolutely no emissions...

[Image: DSCF1986.jpg]

...and they were kitbashed from Bachmann locomotives, too.

Wayne
Interesting build!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(04-06-2019, 09:36 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: Interesting kitbash, Tom, especially since it's in N scale.   I'm not really up-to-date on these types locos, but is this based on a real one that's similar, or your version of what one could look like? 

Wayne,  The locomotive is of  my own design due to having received a heavily canabilized GE DASH8-40C and a GE U36B and having made use of a abundance of EVERGREEN STYRENE, however the exhaust is from a ho-SCALE ATHEARN GP. 

Tom
Thanks for the explanation, Tom, as I was sorta wondering about the radically different sides on the long hood.  I'd guess it's ECO since you were able to use the left-over parts from other projects, rather than simply send them to the landfill for the next several centuries. 

I should mention that if you wish to use a quote from a previous poster, you can simply delete the unnecessary parts of the quote, if they're not relative to your response.  I took the liberty of editing the extraneous stuff from your quote of my reply to you, as most folks here have already seen too much of my photos by now. Icon_rolleyes

Wayne
(04-07-2019, 01:48 PM)doctorwayne Wrote:

I should mention that if you wish to use a quote from a previous poster, you can simply delete the unnecessary parts of the quote, if they're not relative to your response.  I took the liberty of editing the extraneous stuff from your quote of my reply to you, as most folks here have already seen too much of my photos by now. Icon_rolleyes

Wayne

Wayne I don't think anyone get tired of seeing your excellent photos , just makes some of us who have never mastered the use of digital cameras jealous .
Thanks for your comment, Jim.  Actually, folks here are pretty good about photos, but there are a few over on the MR Forums who seem a little put-off by "too many", whatever the heck that means. 

One guy over there dubbed me as "Wayne of many photos", which is apparently, from the sound of it at least, my indigenous moniker....I kinda like it, but in a "glad that it bugs you" kinda way. Misngth

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, but I usually like to include the words along with the photo.

Wayne