2019 anniversary support auction #2, a real surprise!
2019 auction #2: HO scale Snow Plow and Tender----

Here's the surprise of a lifetime, remember the thread where our good friend Doctorwayne was showing us how he built these cars? Well, you didn't know at the time that he was doing it to present them at one of our Big Blue auctions. You can view the build right here, and we're posting a few pictures in this thread to keep you reminded of the awesome work that Wayne produces. We are pleased that he offered to do this for us and will certainly help to keep Big Blue running. This is a rare opportunity to own a treasured item built by one of the best modelers we have run across.

Now, let’s get started. We are offering an HO snow plow and tender as shown in the build thread and in the photos below, to the highest bidder. Here are the bidding rules:
  1. There is no minimum bid and no reserve, the highest bidder at the time the auction closes will get the car.
  2. Please keep you bid raises in increments of at least a dollar or more.
  3. You can bid publicly by posting it in this thread. This thread is for bidding only; any comments or questions should be made in this thread or by PM to either ezdays or ngauger. Non-bid posts will be deleted from this thread.
  4. If you want to enter an anonymous bid (just like the rich and famous do), you can PM either ezdays or ngauger and we will bid on your behalf, (we will post the bid amount, but keep your name confidential, just like at those big auction houses). You may also want to give us the maximum you would want to go and we’ll bid for you by adding one dollar above the last bid, up the maximum that you have set, again, just like Christie’s does for the big boys.
  5. The auction will run until Saturday, June 22nd at which time we will announce the winner and ship the car to them.
  6. The successful bidder will pay all shipping costs. That cost is estimated to be in the $10 to 15 range, but will depend on the destination. It is shipping from Canada.
  7. Payment can be by PayPal, check or MO. We will give the winner instructions on how and where to pay.

Remember, 100% of the proceeds from this auction is to help keep Big Blue running, so we are depending on you for your support and hope to give
something back in return.

[Image: S0065840.jpg]

[Image: PLOW%20%20TENDER%20-%20FOUR.jpg]
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I will start the bidding at 25 dollars 
Charlie
Nice opening bid, thank you Charlie.

Anyone want to take these home? Let's hear $30, do I hear 30, I have 25, who'll give me 30?.... (we'd hire an auctioneer, but can't find one that will work as cheap as I do Crazy )
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Make it $50
(06-09-2019, 05:53 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Make it $50

Thank you kind sir, a generous bid indeed, but we all know this item would be appraised on the Antique Roadshow for much more than that, so, we've got $50, do I hear 60, who'll give me 60? I got 50, now looking for 60. (insert auctioneer's prattle here Icon_rolleyes )
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
No new bids ???
(06-13-2019, 06:58 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: No new bids ???

Maybe I should have done it in Big Blue's blue and white paint scheme, although a white plow in a snowstorm mighta been a bit of a problem....."Where's the rotary, Cletus?"  "I dunno where she's at, Laszlo.  I ain't seen 'er since it started snowin' and ablowin'."   Misngth

Wayne
(06-13-2019, 10:07 AM)doctorwayne Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 06:58 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: No new bids ???

Maybe I should have done it in Big Blue's blue and white paint scheme, although a white plow in a snowstorm mighta been a bit of a problem....."Where's the rotary, Cletus?"  "I dunno where she's at, Laszlo.  I ain't seen 'er since it started snowin' and ablowin'."   Misngth

Wayne

Got to admit, what you did and how you did it is just perfect, just as long as Cletus and Laszlo aren't looking for it in the dark... Icon_rolleyes 

I don't understand why there aren't more bids, these cars should be getting triple-digit bids with all the custom work by one of the best modelers around. Come on folks, let's get a bidding war going here.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I will make it $65.00.

Bruce
Thank you Bruce, a reasonable and fair bid.... anyone else out there that thinks these cars are worth bidding on? They are indeed, what they call, "one off", why "one off" is beyond my comprehension, but I'll go along with that, there is, and will never be another pair like this. And remember, they are the handiwork of none other than our own Doctorwayne....

I've got 65, do I hear 75? 65 looking for 75, 75, 75, looking for 75.... you there in the back row, were you scratching you nose or bidding????? Icon_e_surprised
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(06-13-2019, 03:34 PM)ezdays Wrote: Thank you Bruce, a reasonable and fair bid.... anyone else out there that thinks these cars are worth bidding on? They are indeed, what they call, "one off", why "one off" is beyond my comprehension, but I'll go along with that, there is, and will never be another pair like this. And remember, they are the handiwork of none other than our own Doctorwayne....

I've got 65, do I hear 75? 65 looking for 75, 75, 75, looking for 75.... you there in the back row, were you scratching you nose or bidding????? Icon_e_surprised

75 from Ohio
Ahh, I see we have a new bidder in the mix, thank you kind sir for you bid of $75. Looking around the room I see a few bright-eyed bidders about to raise their paddles, so let's get right into it, I've got 75, do I hear 90? Who'll give me ninety, ninety, I'll looking for 90....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
You have $90.

Bruce
(06-14-2019, 07:51 AM)bdw9535 Wrote: You have $90.

Bruce

An excellent bid my friend, thank you, now we're looking at 100, I've got 90, going for 100, who'll give me a hundred dollar bill for this unique "one off" HO scale snow plow????? Got ninteeeee, looking for 100, who'll give me one hundred......
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Come on guys, Don't insult Dr. Wayne's efforts, surely there are more than 3 people that would love to have this treasure. 
Charlie