Posting pictures
I've been having an issue since the conversion to the new software.  When I try to post a picture using the old code [img] followed by the location of the image and then the [/img] it doesn't work.  The software drops the directory location and converts the [img] to [Image: followed by the file name of the image.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Tom have you tried using the link to add attachment that is at the bottom of every post. It is very simple but it loads directly from your computer.
It is really simple to do
If you don't get a laugh from my kindergarten pictures there is no helping us.  Icon_e_smile  

Charlie
That's the easiest way to upload images. I've tried the "paste" routine and it takes more effort to correct the format than it does to just go like Charlie shows. If you want to link a photo, use the, " insert a link" icon.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I can get Charlie's method to work if I use Edge or IE.  It won't work in Firefox.  The image shows up in Edge and IE but does not show up in FF.  Part of the problem is that FF won't/can't recognize an internet drive.  I store my posted pictures on storage provided by my ISP because I sometimes post to multiple sites.  When using the provide upload system on this site the code used to link the picture is exactly the same as I was using to post the picture. ([img] [/img])

Tom

(06-20-2019, 11:08 AM)FiatFan Wrote: I can get Charlie's method to work if I use Edge or IE.  It won't work in Firefox.  The image shows up in Edge and IE but does not show up in FF.  Part of the problem is that FF won't/can't recognize an internet drive.  I store my posted pictures on storage provided by my ISP because I sometimes post to multiple sites.  When using the provide upload system on this site the code used to link the picture is exactly the same as I was using to post the picture. ([img] [/img])

Tom

Maybe using the "link" icon would work better for you. I use FF, but all my photos are on my computer, so the attachment method works just fine.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
test

Ok this methed works.

Does the 'attachment method' of adding photos add the photo at the end of the posting only?, or inter-dispersed with the text as well??

I was (am) an older guy who got use to the 'good old method' that these young programers/software developers want to keep changing,...over and over again
After you have uploaded the wanted picture place your cursor where you want the picture inserted then click the "insert into post" button.    
The screen shot was inserted as instructed. I hope this helps

Charlie
Yup, Charlie's got it. You can put them anywhere in your post and have text in between or at the end of your post. Nice screenshot Charlie... Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and