Thanksgiving
I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving!   2285_
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Yup, we did, thanks for asking. We took the golf cart over to Pat's (Duffy's) house. It rained all the while we were eating, then stopped just before we were getting ready to go home. Good thing since the cart is open on the sides. Watched the Macy's parade and a little bit of football.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yup, I was stuffed beyond comparison. My Daughter and Daughter-in-Law are great cooks and being in a retirement home I don't get good home cooked meals on a routine bases.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
(11-30-2019, 02:23 PM)Brakie Wrote: Yup, I was stuffed beyond comparison. My Daughter and Daughter-in-Law are great cooks and being in a retirement home I don't get good  home cooked meals on a routine bases.
Glad you were able to be with family. I know what you mean, we opted for retirement home living for almost a year. Lots of places brag about having "chef cooked meals", or, "home cooked meals". Some places may in fact live up to that claim, but I swore that if the "chef" we had ever entered one of those cooking contests on TV, he'd be the first one to go home.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(11-30-2019, 04:22 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 02:23 PM)Brakie Wrote: Yup, I was stuffed beyond comparison. My Daughter and Daughter-in-Law are great cooks and being in a retirement home I don't get good  home cooked meals on a routine bases.
Glad you were able to be with family. I know what you mean, we opted for retirement home living for almost a year. Lots of places brag about having "chef cooked meals", or, "home cooked meals". Some places may in fact live up to that claim, but I swore that if the "chef" we had ever entered one of those cooking contests on TV, he'd be the first one to go home.

Don, Our cooks are women and the best of the lot is on day shift.. The younger women cooks are on afternoons and couple of those can't open a bag of vegetables without messing them up.. Thankfully those two are part time cooks that works as needed..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!