Ezdays' 2020 a bit over one sqare foot challenge
(04-09-2020, 08:26 AM)ngauger Wrote: The smaller scales are more efficient at hiding mistakes.  All details really show up in the larger scales.... even errors  Smile  Smile

Yeah, but like I said, a closeup shot in N scale shows up all of those "errors'.... We can't hide from the camera. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Big Grin 
(04-09-2020, 09:23 AM)ezdays Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:26 AM)ngauger Wrote: The smaller scales are more efficient at hiding mistakes.  All details really show up in the larger scales.... even errors  Smile  Smile

Yeah, but like I said, a closeup shot in N scale shows up all of those "errors'.... We can't hide from the camera. Nope

According to the way you view things digital cameras are the best and worst modeling tool we have. I find no matter how much I look at a scene before I take a picture, something is always out of place once I look at the photo. I do try to fix these but sometimes I forget until the next picture. I don't have the modeling skills some folks do so sometimes I just let it go.
I can always fall back on the things I did when I modeled 12" to the foot. Even then I had a few tell me things weren't prototype. 
Charlie
OK, some progress, and as usual, some photos with a few glaring errors or things that  really need to be cleaned up. Probably the biggest error is where I thought I could get three sets of tracks in the space I allotted for the museum yard. Well, I was able to do that, just that when I put anything on those tracks, there was little room for visitors to walk around. Way too late to do much about that, but we'll see what happens later on.

Oh, that little green man, well, he came over from my old layout, a visitor from from distant planet Zork. Icon_rolleyes 

First of all, the museum and yard were built off-site and had those little green men prepare the site and move the building and yard over using traction beams.

As you can see, we didn't allow room enough for visitors and trains, so right now, that's why there are few visitors and more trains there.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Icon_e_surprised Icon_e_surprised Icon_e_surprised TOTALLY love the RR Museum Don!! Applause Well Done! Applause Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Lookin' good, Don!   Applause Applause Applause

I think that green guy might be a distant relative of the guys in the Blue Man Group.

Wayne
Thanks guys, he was rather reluctant to sit on the green bench on the green grass though. Not sure, but I think those things don't exist on Zork and he was afraid when he saw someone using a lawnmower. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(04-17-2020, 03:51 PM)ezdays Wrote: ...he was rather reluctant to sit on the green bench on the green grass though. Not sure, but I think those things don't exist on Zork  and he was afraid when he saw someone using a lawnmower....

The grass that he can buy up here in Canada might scare him even more.   Crazy

Wayne
Nice touch Don!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(04-18-2020, 06:04 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Nice touch Don!

Thank you kind sir, speaking of "touch", I do see a few things that really need to be touched up, maybe if I can get that green guy a Green Card, I could put him to work... Awesome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Baby step progress, but here's one shot of where the police and fire stations go. Got the landscaping and lighting in place there.All downtown buildings will be lighted the same way, one 12 volt incandescent lamp. The second shot shows the real estate office and apartment building are now in place. Note too that the road crew has been busy repairing and striping.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Your road crew has done a very nice job, both on the roads and sidewalks, and the striping, too. Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Put arrows on the floor. Tell the visitors "Single File Only" in between the trains. Smile

Are the little green guys that built the museum relatives of the green men that built the Pyramids?

Looks great!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
(04-24-2020, 11:22 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Your road crew has done a very nice job, both on the roads and sidewalks, and the striping, too. Applause Applause Applause

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I noticed in the photos that some lines aren't exactly lining up, must be when they took a break. I'm not signing off on the work order until they fix that. Icon_rolleyes

(04-25-2020, 05:10 AM)ngauger Wrote: Put arrows on the floor. Tell the visitors "Single File Only" in between the trains.  Smile

Are the little green guys that built the museum relatives of the green men that built the Pyramids?

Looks great!!!!!

Thanks, how about a sign, "skinny folks only past this point"? Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Looking good Don, really nice stripes!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(04-25-2020, 09:34 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Looking good Don, really nice stripes!

Thanks, I'm reworking the ones that don't quite line up. I printed the roads on my computer and tried to match the shade that I painted them first. I used sticky-back paper and need to roll it flatter than it is in places. I'm going to try the same technique for parking lots. One thing I lack downtown is parking, so I'm going to assume there are lots either underground or off site where they can't be seen. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and