Ezdays' 2020 a bit over one sqare foot challenge
Giant step, got the block between Main St. and Frontier St. populated. The challenge included that, the school and general store. All buildings are where they belong, I've changed the boardwalk along Frontier St, looks more like a wooden walk than before, got lighting in each building and added streetlights along one side of Main St. I haven't done all that I planned on, did not get to the south side of Main St., but all in all, there is still about 1.5 square feet of layout completed.

Still have some touch-up to do, got light leaking from underneath some of the buildings, (that's going to take a bit to fix that), need to add a few street signs and people, the light in the museum isn't working and need some paint touch-up as well. Don't know if I'll get all that done by tomorrow, but it is what it is today and probably tomorrow too....

Main Street, day and night views:

Frontier Street, day and night views:

Overall shots, day and night:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Great looking results, Don, and you definitely got a lot accomplished. Applause Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
You need to add a garage entrance for the underground parking lot Smile Smile
Looks great!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks guys, I thought about underground parking, but I also though about adding a multi-story parking garage on the south side of Main St. or the other side of the highway where land is currently undeveloped and a bit cheaper.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Looks great, really love the night shots Don!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
WOW! Icon_e_surprised , that looks so Awesome Don! Worship
I really give you credit on the lighting, I often thought about doing it but have seen SO MANY vids where the guy puts all the time into it then suddenly for some reason they all pop Eek , OMG i would go through the roof. After seeing the outstanding job you have done though...almost makes me want to consider it Icon_e_biggrin . WELL DONE DON! Applause
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
(05-01-2020, 06:25 AM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: WOW! Icon_e_surprised , that looks so Awesome Don! Worship
I really give you credit on the lighting, I often thought about doing it but have seen SO MANY vids where the guy puts all the time into it then suddenly for some reason they all pop Eek , OMG i would go through the roof. After seeing the outstanding job you have done though...almost makes me want to consider it Icon_e_biggrin . WELL DONE DON! Applause

Thank you kind sir, it feels good coming from those that have done things that I admire and are hard to compare with. That goes for all of you that commented.

As far as lighting, I used just one 12 volt incandescent bulb in each structure. I blacked out the windows that I didn't want light to show, and for the most part, that worked OK. The downside is that any crack or not seated part will show light leakage as you can see in the photos. It looks weird as you see it and has to be fixed. I'm working on that as we speak, just glad I can pop some of those roofs off.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and