Tyson's not quite I square foot Challenge
This area is where the Murphy depot goes. I built the depot a long time ago but never have installed it and finished the area. There is also a half built Southern RR maintenance shed that needs to be finished to go in this area as well. The stuff along the backdrop will probably stay as you see it. At 10.5" from front to back and 12" side to side it comes in under the wire at  126 sq." of the 144 sq." allotted. This of course is in the correct scale of N.  Goldth

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Very nice! Kit, bash or scratch built? Just wondering as I am looking for the same style of depot and am seriously thinking of scratch building it.
[Image: np_F-1ani.gif][Image: goog.gif]
Welcome to the challenge Mike, nice choice. Now we need to rattle a few more cages hoping a few others follow and jump in.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks guys. deckroid it is a bash of two different kits and a scratchbuilt loading dock. The kits were the Clarkesville Depot (a Walthers Cornerstone kit with some minor modifications) and from the same company the CO-OP storage shed. The part numbers in the 2017 catalog were 933-3240 and 933-3230. That said these are N scale and I don't know if they are available in any other scales.
Mike

O.K. time to fess up, I miss measured and it's actually 137 sq. inches. I have got the ground cover done in the yard area. As Don (being a fellow N scaler) knows keeping these cars on the track is hard enough without burying the track in the weeds  but I like the look and it was what it looked like here in the mid 60's. I just set the depot there for the effect, when I'm done it will be in that position give or take.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Looking good my friend.. Worship Worship . And yeah, it takes 160 times more effort to keep things on track in N scale, I guess that's one reason why I like to build things more than running trains....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thanks Don! I actually do enjoy building more than running also.
Mike

I always admire work in N scale. i have no patience for building such detail.
I agree it's 160 times more difficult, but it's so rewarding when it all comes together and runs!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks Mikey, maybe you ought to change your name to ggauger? Big Grin
Mike

O.K. the Small Appliance Dealer is done. I still need to gravel the area between the depot and it. Also have to add a small storage building and a bizillion trees behind the depot. How can there be so much to do in less the one square foot. I should be in G gauge, one tree would have done it! Nope Goldth

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Nope... More people know me as Ngauger Smile

Building looks great!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Good looking building. That Ford looks like one we had years ago, '57, 2 door, off-white/coral same color and all. Icon_e_surprised
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Lookin' good, Mike. Applause Applause Applause

(03-23-2020, 12:39 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: ....Also have to add a small storage building and a bizillion trees behind the depot. How can there be so much to do in less the one square foot. I should be in G gauge, one tree would have done it! Nope Goldth

Yeah, but can you imagine how much material and time it would take to create that one tree? Misngth

Wayne
Thanks guys! Don the Ford has dual headlights so it has to be a 58 or 59. I also had a 57 in my youth. 2 door Fairlane, yellow and white.
Mike

I got the parking lot graveled and that just leaves the empty space behind the depot waiting for a small storage shed and a bunch of trees!

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike