The End of a Journey
When I came back to model railroading, the only ways to have a prototypical HO CNR Wood Caboose was either buying a brass model or build a resin kit from Sylvan Scale. The first solution was too expensive for my budget and I was nervous at building a resin kit.  When I got the nerves to give a try at resin kits, True Line trains was making good replicas of the CNR cabooses and kits had vanished from LHS shelves.

At the beginning of 2017, I was lucky to find one in a distant Hobby Store and a journey began.  I saw a nicely finished car on a Forum and, as I was still nervous about the task, I decided to contact the modeler, Doctorwayne.  He accepted to help me and gave advices through numerous emails.  He even helped in finding a second model for me from one of his friend.  Searching the Internet, I luckily found a third kit on eBay.  I posted photos of those finished models on this forum before.

But I wanted more of those kits to replace True Line trains cabooses I had bought before deciding to build kits.  Unfortunately, Sylvan Scale kits were hard to find even on different forums.  One day, I decided to offer a TLT caboose to swap for a Sylvan Scale kit.  A modeler from B.C. Canada contacted me and offered to swap for a Norwest kit.  He sent me photos of the kit and I decided I should give it a try.

Few months later, Clare Gilbert from Sylvan Scale announced a rerun of the CNR Wood Caboose.  I was a happy modeler and asked for two.  For the last few months, I worked on those kits and I finished them this morning.  Here are some photos.

Sylvan Scale regular kit

Sylvan Scale kit modified to represent the type displayed at Exporail, Qc, Canada

Norwest kit

This is the end of the journey as I now have enough cabooses to fill the need of my small switching layout.  I can now get rid of those TLT cabooses.

I want to thank doctorwayne for leading me in this enjoyable journey.
Guy from Southern Quebec.
You've done a beautiful job building and painting those kits, Guy.  Applause Applause Applause

I'm pleased to have been able to help.

Wayne
Guy, they look fantastic! Nice work!

Greg
(04-13-2020, 03:14 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: I'm pleased to have been able to help.

Wayne

Wayne,

You did more than just help.  You have lit a fire and have kept it burning. This had been an exciting journey. Thanks.

Guy
Guy from Southern Quebec.
Excellent builds!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Beautiful work Guy---Doctor Wayne has been an inspiration and mentor to me as well
Truly Outstanding work! Applause Applause
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
That is a sweet looking caboose.. I likes.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Excellent and congrats on a job well done. I have four of the TLT CPR caboose(s?) myself. However I have so much on plate right now that I can't even imagine starting seperate builds to replace them. My hats off to your efforts sir!