Photo Lighting Opinion
I recently got a couple of tabletop photo lights to replace the aging old desk lamps I have been using. They have different color filters and I need some thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on the what seems to work or what people like.

So here we go

All white
[Image: BdUJr6k.jpg]

All amber
[Image: ywXdw7I.jpg]

Red left/amber right
[Image: VG9UJr4.jpg]

Blue left/amber right
[Image: VkUD9CJ.jpg]

All blue
[Image: 7OLJr1k.jpg]

Amber left/blue right
[Image: blVowSz.jpg]

Anyone better? Any bad?
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
The white looks best to me, but the amber is a close second.  I don't really care for any of the others, especially their effect on the sky back-drop.

Wayne
Hi Tom---personally I like the amber,brightens the scene and reduces the shadows in the background.By the way those reefers look really good.
I'll agree with Ed. The amber helps to reduce the shadows on the backdrop. On the other hand the all blue seems to highlight the truck details better. The white makes the cars look darker in color. Depends on the actual color of the car which only you can judge.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Thanks folks. My personal like was the all amber. I thought the white was too stark. The blues could be used for as my daughter suggested, evening or an overcast day.

Ed- thanks about the reefers. If all goes as planned you'll see them again soon.  Wink Icon_e_biggrin
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
My two cents, for what its worth, I agree with Wayne, whites the best, amber second....and thats my final answer Misngth .
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]