Harold Minkwitz (hminky), Yet another fallen flag member
Got this email this morning regarding hminky. Our prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. It's hard to say much more than that.

Quote:Reporting that Harold died March 26th while online with his train forums.
I'm his widow, would appreciate any interesting Harold anecdotes.
 Eleanor Minkwitz
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Always a sad day to see another good member leave us. Harold contributed a lot of great information to Big Blue.
We learned much from him. Prayers and condolences to the family.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I did send our condolences to Eleanor and told her that we have an area here as a memorial to our fallen flag friends. We can set something up there for her to see.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
My sympathy to Eleanor and the rest of the family.

Don - I think that would be a good thing to set up.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(05-16-2020, 09:08 AM)ezdays Wrote: I did send our condolences to Eleanor and told her that we have an area here as a memorial to our fallen flag friends. We can set something up there for her to see.

I agree.

Harold was a great innovator and always willing to share his ideas and methods with others.  I often pictured him in a la-bor-a-tory (pronounced as if it were spoken by Boris Karloff), cooking up a new idea to share.  He will be missed. 

My condolences to Eleanor.

Wayne
Sad news indeed.. He will be missed. My condolences to his family.

I agree we should set a memorial up.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Sad news, my best wishes to his family and friends.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I've always considered BigBlue as family and sadly we have lost our brother Harold---my sincere condolences to his wife Eleanor.
Just a few minutes ago, I saw this on MR's site:

[quote user="xdford"]RIP Mr Minkwitz. His website (http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com) was always an inspiration to a lot of people with many ideas and I am pleased that his wife will keep it going for 12 months. [/quote]

It's nice to know that Harold's work will be around for a little longer.

Wayne
(05-17-2020, 10:24 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Just a few minutes ago, I saw this on MR's site:

[quote user="xdford"]RIP Mr Minkwitz. His website (http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com) was always an inspiration to a lot of people with many ideas and I am pleased that his wife will keep it going for 12 months.

OMG, thank you so much for posting that Wayne, I remember Harold's name plain as day, but I have been gone for quite a while so I was having a hard time remembering his work. After you posted that link it all came back to me, THANK YOU. 

What I remember most of Harold's work was that was the VERY FIRST person I knew of that used fake fur for grass, and man Harold was a master at it. I marveled at just how real he could make fake fur look just like grass, truly a Master at that, and many other technics.

My condolences to his wife and family.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Here's an update regarding Harold, with a post on the Bachmann Forums by his widow, Eleanor.

Wayne