Weekly Photo Fun 6/26 - 7/2/20
WPMA-40 makes it's way back through Whiskey Point.

Bruce

Bruce - Oh man street running! Awesome!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Great pic Bruce! Applause

A pair of AC4400's....
[Image: XXl1xMH.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Deano - That is a cool and different UP unit on the point.

Here are a few quick shots of some newly acquired locos. First up is a Bachmann Lehigh & New England 2-8-0 Consolidation. The loco is DCC and runs pretty nice. Had a minor problem with the drawbar lifting the front trucks of the tender off the tracks. Adjusted the drawbar some and that fixed it. The tender feels light and I think I need to add some weight. I have not had a chance to throw it on the scale yet.

[Image: XkeKWme.jpg]

Second is an IHC 2-8-0 Consolidation. Box says Illinois Central. I don't think so as the tender does not match the locomotive. I picked it up on Ebay cheap. Ran a little rough at first but as time has gone by it has gotten better. I intend to remove the numbers and decal it for either NYO&W or Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines. Need to replace the couplers.

[Image: 7FnK0Jy.jpg]

Last is an IHC unlettered 0-8-0 switcher. Plans for this one are either NYO&W or PRSL. Couplers to be replaced.

[Image: mV2ai7l.jpg]

If all goes well I may have a short run by posted later this weekend.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
I'm always impressed with everyone's contributions to WPF but Tom you really made an impression this week---can't get enough of those "tea kettles".

[Image: 50047724727_a988f73b29_k.jpg]P1400549 (5) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Mr. Brookes just got notified that fuel oil would be going to 10 cents a gallon in the fall so he decided to save a couple cents.      Charlie
Ed - I can't decide which is better, the loco or the scenery.

Charlie - I can't blame Mr Brookes. Your scene shows it is important about what is happening elsewhere on the layout and the train can serve as a backdrop.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
It has fallen on the Atlantic City Railroad (a subsidiary of the Reading and predecessor of the Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines) to make a supply run for the shore birds enjoying the surf and sand in desperate need of a good sandwich.

[Image: hCOSpTO.jpg]

First we have the pickles

[Image: 39b1tHJ.jpg]

[Image: c3r7Qbx.jpg]

Then comes bread, and condiments

[Image: EtZY3WR.jpg]

The lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, and other perishables.

[Image: uwiN4ZC.jpg]

And lastly the meat.

[Image: sCmYQub.jpg]

[Image: Fkb3PcH.jpg]

Here is a video of the special of day.

https://youtu.be/zHA7zo6wbug
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Nice one Tom, but didn't the shoobies get a box lunch with the price of the ticket to Atlantic City?   Icon_lol

Bruce
Tom---I've always enjoyed your "run bys" so I tried to catch the Beeton Flyer as she headed across the high line this morning.I've tried to video scenes in the past but have never been able to download them onto a thread ?

[Image: 50058540987_ec0452758d_k.jpg]P1400553 (4) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr

Ed - The Beeton Flyer is quite impressive. Is there a history to the last car?

As far as videos go I upload them to YouTube and then post the link.

I had an interesting thing happen with one of the pickle tank cars. When I first tried to run the train the loco kept stalling. Since this was the first time I ran this loco with any cars I thought the train was too long. I took off some cars but the same thing kept happening. However, I noticed finally when I took one of the pickle tank cars off everything ran fine. Put it back on the loco stalled. I then remembered this car had the original metal trucks it came with still on. On the other car the metal trucks broke and I replaced them with plastic ones for an Athearn kit. I also replaced the plastic wheels with metal. I borrowed a set of trucks from another Athearn car and then everything ran fine.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Hi Tom---the Niagara Peninsula Railroad is a subsidiary line of the Elora Gorge &Eastern/Erie Northshore Corporation providing both freight and passenger service between Hamilton and Fort Erie in eastern Ontario.It's President and CEO is Justin Toth who is the nephew of Cookie Gibson who is the owner of GERN Industries.Justin is a very successful entrepreneur and has expanded his holdings throughout eastern Canada where he currently resides.As Justin still has family and friends in Ontario he often travels back home and there is no better way to make this journey than in his own private Observation car---#1087.The Beeton Flyer added this car to it's consist when it passed through Dunnville on the EG@E trackage.Quite often a refrigerator car filled with lobsters and beverages from the east coast are included as Justin certainly enjoys entertaining family and friends.
Nicely-done story line, Ed.   Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
(06-30-2020, 07:17 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Nicely-done story line, Ed.   Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
I couldn't agree more, OUTSTANDING JOB ED!! Worship Applause Applause
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Thanks Wayne and Deano for your kind remarks.Niagara Peninsula RR. freight cars are a common sight on the Leetown Division but the biggest attraction is their "Wine Train Excursion" which is very popular during the summer months Cheers ---I'll try and post some pictures during it's next trip into Leetown.