Old Photos with unidentified dates or locations
(08-20-2020, 05:55 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Good morning, Charlie.

I looked through Historic Aerials and although the track arraignment hasn't changed I still can't exactly place where the photo was taken.  Further study of the photo indicates track heading toward the background as if there might be a Y or just a siding.  Hope this helps.

Tom

The train may be heading into a yard. I have been exploring Google Earth, but things have changed so much I am wondering if it is now a trail.  It is a challenge
(08-20-2020, 07:00 AM)Charlie B Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 05:55 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Good morning, Charlie.

I looked through Historic Aerials and although the track arraignment hasn't changed I still can't exactly place where the photo was taken.  Further study of the photo indicates track heading toward the background as if there might be a Y or just a siding.  Hope this helps.

Tom

The train may be heading into a yard. I have been exploring Google Earth, but things have changed so much I am wondering if it is now a trail.  It is a challenge

try going to the library of congress site and look up the sanborn map collection   from what i could tell glancing at them you might have been in east hartford . though have never been close to that area but the sanborn maps might help.
Good morning, Charlie.

try going to the library of congress site and look up the sanborn map collection   from what i could tell glancing at them you might have been in east hartford . though have never been  close to that area but the sanborn maps might help.
[/quote]

Thanks Jim, I was looking at some pictures on the Conrail historical site taken in East Hartford and some looked similar but not exact, but they were taken 3 years after these so a great possibility. 
Charlie