Old Photos with unidentified dates or locations
Down at the rail yard with my Dad,two brothers and my cousin---I was 8 years old.

Charlie - in the background are a building with a spire on top and also a tall building which appears to be near it. Are they of any help? Also, which Hartford?

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(08-19-2020, 07:29 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Charlie - in the background are a building with a spire on top and also a tall building which appears to be near it.  Are they of any help?  Also, which Hartford?

Tom

Hartford, Connecticut.  I am almost certain those buildings are in Hartford. I am hoping some one can identify the road. If not, it is a good conversation starter. 
Charlie
This is from the Doug Wright collection---I rode on this locomotive with my Father when I was 9 years old.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed - Now I think I understand your love of steam locos. Having a father work on the railroad must have been interesting. The closest I have is my father, uncles, and aunts worked for Baldwins in Eddystone. However, by the time I was born the works were pretty much shut down. In those days it was Baldwin Lima Hamilton. My mom who grew up in western Ohio hated Lima Locomotive. She used to say that they made junk and were a terrible company to work for. I gather some family or friends worked for them at one time.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Ed, do you know where that picture was taken?  I'd guess maybe Nebo Road, or perhaps Cayuga.

Wayne
(08-18-2020, 05:36 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Here is a picture I would really like an exact location for. April 1978 and I know we were near Hartford but that is all I can tell about the location. Charlie

well here goes . the lead loco is a patch job on number  jives with CR gp something (not that good at iding diesels) so i would guess that its con rail as the next two loco's appear to be in PC garb the one with number jives with a PC gp35 series  the last two look like there in CR blue . as for location I'm no help there .

JIM
Charlie, the tall building in the background could be the state capitol.  If that's the case then you could have been in the are to the north of that.  Here's a link to Google maps which shows the area.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7681889,...a=!3m1!1e3

And here's a screen shot of the area with both locations marked.

Tom

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-19-2020, 09:06 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: This is from the Doug Wright collection---I rode on this locomotive with my Father when I was 9 years old.

Hi Doc---this picture was taken in Simcoe.The photo was posted in Charles Cooper's book :'Hamilton's Other Railway"
Doc---I found a picture of #88's derailment 5/27/1953.In the lower right corner is a young boy and a woman---could this be you and your Mother ?

(08-19-2020, 02:16 PM)FiatFan Wrote: Charlie, the tall building in the background could be the state capitol.  If that's the case then you could have been in the are to the north of that.  Here's a link to Google maps which shows the area.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7681889,...a=!3m1!1e3

And here's a screen shot of the area with both locations marked.

Tom

I agree Tom that is the Capitol Building, and my guess is a half mile to one mile away. So much has changed in 42 years those tracks may be gone. 
Charlie
ED, very curious, do you have these engines from your past? I really think it would be a must for me, so I am sure you do, but I just had to ask Icon_e_smile
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Hi Deano---as a young boy my Father often would take my brothers and I down to his workplace---the CNR roundhouse on Stuart St. in my hometown---Hamilton Ontario.Back then the shop superintendent was very receptive to having visitors on site so I was able to climb aboard and even take day trips on both steam and first generation diesels---memories I will never forget.My Father died at a young age and in his honour I started collecting model trains to try to relive those adventures from my past.I'm sure my Father would have worked as an engineer or fireman on most classes of CNR locomotives and I have tried to obtain a model of each of those different types of locomotives---both steam and diesels.Thanks to a very supportive wife and a very good and talented  friend in Doctor Wayne I've built up my collection over the years.I have tried to remember specific locomotives that I rode on and Wayne has specially painted and decorated some very special models---here's a couple of examples. 

[Image: 50067166367_968d260de2_k.jpg]P1400593 (4) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr

[Image: 40217593214_bac970331c_h.jpg]P1320024 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Thanks so much for answering my question ED! Icon_e_biggrin I just knew you had to have all those engines from your past Thumbsup . Thats so awesome, it really gives meaning to your collection  Applause ....besides just having some fantastic engines.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Good morning, Charlie.

I looked through Historic Aerials and although the track arraignment hasn't changed I still can't exactly place where the photo was taken. Further study of the photo indicates track heading toward the background as if there might be a Y or just a siding. Hope this helps.

Tom