Weekly Photo Fun 8/28 - 9/3/20
Caught up with WPMA-40 as they stopped for lunch in Whiskey Point.

Bruce

Love the roach coach Bruce, NICE touch Applause

My contribution for the week...
[Image: lyyVC0D.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Bruce - As always a nice everyday Conrail scene.

Deano - I like the contrast between the used UP unit and the abused SP unit.

I am going to post a quick one for now just in case my run by plans don't come off. However, there is a story behind these.

These beauties are my old yet new Proto 2000 Reading F7A and F7B. I purchased these units over 10 years ago just before I had to take the forced hiatus from the hobby. I actually forgot about them. When I got back into the hobby I found this box and opened it. It contained my last order. These locomotives, a couple more, and some rolling stock were in there. Tonight I finally took the wrapping off, unboxed them, and tested them. After a ten year delay here is their debut on my layout. BTW who ever designed the coupler pockets on the B-unit and the rear of the A-unit should be set to model railroad hell. They were perhaps the most needlessly difficult installation I have come across.

[Image: KLbhLF7.jpg]

[Image: Ynx7dYW.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
CNR N4A #2659 heads out of Leetown with the "Beeton Turn".This daily wayfreight is a preferred run for the local crews with a leisurely trip to Beeton with a stop at Christophers Landing for some switching at the local industries along the way.Typically this round trip takes about 8 hours so the crews are back home in Leetown by supper-time with their families.

[Image: 50279703537_25f99605b3_k.jpg]P1410317 (4) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
I would like to work the Beeton Turn. Be home by diner and ride that loco would be cool.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hi Tom---the crew usually stops at Hutch's in Christophers Landing for fish and chips and a couple of "cold pops"---another reason this is a preferred assignment.
"Through Baggage" cars were often seen as head end equipment on passenger trains but it was not uncommon to see them in freight service especially when high priority commodities were being shipped such as silk.Here's the "Silk Train" highballing through Leetown behind S2A Mikado #3529.

[Image: 50286986817_263c027e1c_k.jpg]P1410352 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr