CN Blackwater division
Looking good. I am curious to see your engine facility.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Nice progress.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks I Finished relaying the mainline and passing siding tracks.

I just have to rewire the feeders and I'm back in business. I also installed the wye to the yard and waterfront.

I sanded the cork down to transition  to the plywood using 60 grit sandpaper wrapped around a piece of wood. 
After working all that I thought I would start to plan for the trackage in this area.

I managed to fit a 3-4 track yard with a run around, plus a waterfront siding on the other side of the large warehouse. I'm not sure if I'll use the warehouse as it it but the footprint will be the same.  I'd rather the loading dock be pointing in a different location to make it easier for truckers to back in.

Good job. Things seem to be coming together.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks Tom. 
I'm thinking of a different configuration for the yard/industrial area:

I moved the run-around track to the track that will go to the industrial/warehouse area so it would free up the two yard tracks and put the run around where it would serve the most good.

I hope that this will work better, I just need to figure out some track geometry. Hopefully I'll be able to have two 40' cars on the straight track with and engine able to run around on the other.

I also started to re-configure the warehouse structure. It's all made from DPM modular parts. I was able to take it apart along the glue seams with minimal damage so I can move the truck loading dock 90 degrees to where it will make more sense on the layout. 
I should be able to easily reassemble the structure without much difficulty. This turned out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise as some of my joints were getting brittle and I can take this opportunity to reinforce the structure before it goes back on the layout.
A bit of work before Tracklaying.

I cleaning off the area and taped off the track so I could paint the plywood before going any further. 

I set out the turnouts that I have and made a list of a few that I'll need to complete the project. I'm going to a Model ,RR club's open house this afternoon to see if they have the code 83 track that I'll need. 
I have been working on the warehouse re-configuration. It's taking a bit longer than I thought due to some glue joint clean-up and some new components needed to be fabricated and painted. I'm lucky that I have a fairly large stash of the DPM modular parts as it looks like that aren't being produced anymore. I'll post pictures of it when I'm done.
It's been awhile but I'm back tinkering with the yard and the surroundings. I've been a bit distracted with some other projects and an illness but I've finally got some time to look at the layout again.

I believe I have figured out the final configuration of the yard and industrial area

I didn't like where I had moved the run-around track to so I moved it back to the yard but added a stub to each yard track. I also added the curve to the track going to the waterfront/warehouse. 

My plan is to use Atlas code 83 turnouts thoughout the yard and flextrack for the 's' curved piece. The 's' curve will allow me to back the turnout on the other end up a bit so that I can get a bit more trackage beside the warehouse. The track going away from the warehouse will be going to:

This is a kit I've had for about a year and always wanted to place it on the new layout.

Anyhow. The rest of the plan is the rest of the yard and industrial tracks will be handlaid in code 83 for some variation. I hand-laid Meadow's yard and I liked how it turned out.
Looks good.

Interesting kit.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks. I finished reconfiguring the warehouse on the workbench, but then discovered a flaw that I'll have to live with.

I re-attached some of the external details and added some weathering to cover some glue stains.

I also added and internal floor to match the height of the truck loading dock. I used some scribed wood flooring, laminated on some thick styrene. I sprayed the dock with testors concrete, followed buy some vallejo dirt.

I needed to finish up the warehouse so I can used it for finalizing the trackwork that will go around it.

Now here's the flaw. on my original layout, this warehouse was on the waterfront and there was enough space to have a large traveling crane straddling the one track on the one side. I don't have that space here so the warehouse will be against the track instead. The problem is the large doors on that side are ground level instead of raised to service boxcars and flatcars. By the time I realized this (today) I had glued the door panels in with an industrial adhesive that will never come apart. I think I'll keep the structure for now and look for parts to build a replacement in the future. I probably have 2/3 of the parts already, I just need to find the rest at swap meets. 
In the meantime, I can finally start the tracklaying in this area.
ll
I 'fixed' the flaw in the warehouse. 

I figured that if I couldn't cut the old panels out and replace them,  why not just laminate the right panels over top of the old? All I needed to do was to cut the mounting tabs off the replacement panels and they would fit right between the pilasters.

I did have to cut some of the old panel away so to clear the door castings on the new panels but I left enough to provide an adequate gluing surface.

I painted the panels and gave them a mortar wash to match the rest of the structure before gluing them over the old walls using 2-part epoxy I then clamped them overnight

After unclamping I added some caps to the tops of the new walls. I still have some weathering and I plan to add an interior floor to the open loading door but it's almost finished.
That's coming along nicely!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Great solution. That came out really well.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks Tyson and Tom.

I added the interior floor behind the open dock door:

I made it the same as the other floor, laminating some scribed wood floor to a styrene sub-floor, then epoxying it in place using to styrene angle. 
After that I placed it on the layout

Now that the structure is finished, I can start to figure out where I will be laying the track. 

I was originally going to re-use the gantry crane from the previous layout and create a dockside scene like I used to have. I decided not to waste the space and instead put the warehouse track closer to the edge of the layout so I would have more space on the other side of the warehouse. Adding the crane probably would have cost me a siding in the yard.

With the warehouse put in it's place in relation to it's service track, I was able to figure out the yard tracks and the service road that will go around the warehouse. It's tight and the employees will have to park on the end of the building but it will work. I'm thinking of putting a scrapyard on the other side of the warehouse but that's just in the planning in my head stage.

Now I was able to draw out the center lines on the yard tracks. They will have the same 2 1/2" center-to-center spacing as the small-town yard that I laid last year. I plan to hand lay this yard as well, with the exception of the turnouts.
Looking good. I really like the interior items.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks Tom. 
I started tracklaying. The yard and industrial sidings are code 83 and I'm using Atlas turnouts. I'm not using switch machines and staying manual for the turnouts. I won't have room for the Caboose Industries turnout throws that I have used in the past so I fabricated some turnout 'springs'

It provides enough 'push' to keep the painted in place when the turnout is thrown, much like the peco turnouts. Once painted, I'm hoping they will be a bit more invisible.

With the turnouts fixed, I tacked them into place, along with the 's' curved flextrack in the picture. In the background you can see the two turnouts for the run-around track in the yard. 

The 's' curve might seem a bit tight, but I'm only running and engine and probably only two car through it at low speeds so it should be okay.
Next, the handlaying!