New chat #1
Well guys, the test chat worked so well, I think we're ready to go full up. I would like to host another session this coming Saturday at the same time, 4:00 Eastern, 3:00 Central, 2:00 Mountain, 1:00 Arizona time. Anyone that wants to join in sign up in this thread. We will use Zoom and it's recommended that you download and install the app. If you don't have the app installed, you can get it at Zoom.com. Hit the "sign up for free" button, download, then install. When you get an invite to join sometime before the meeting starts, the email will have a link. Click on the link when we're ready to start, and Zoom will open and take you to the meeting. The host will then let you in.

We are limiting the chat to eight participants including the host. Beyond that it'll be difficult to keep track of what's going on. We are using the free version of Zoom and are limited to 40 minutes and that starts when the first person gets there.

Anyway, sign up in this thread, and send me your preferred email address if I don't already have it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Having been a party to the first chat I would like to participate, but only after everyone else has had a chance.  If you get more than eight (which would be great) I would be glad to host a second one at the same times if needed so others could join in.

Charlie
Well, I would like to join in, but I'm having the same trouble I had when attempting to use skype some time ago, and when I last attempted to use Zoom, and about two minutes ago, when I attempted again to access Zoom...I always get the message that my user name or password is incorrect - I do know my user name and my password, and am very careful to hit the correct keys for that input.

Wayne
will be there  , Wayne if Don sends link you shouldn't need to sign in . 
Jim
I would like to participate again but, like Charlie, I will defer to those who haven't had a chance yet and would like to participate.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(09-26-2020, 09:33 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: Well, I would like to join in, but I'm having the same trouble I had when attempting to use skype some time ago, and when I last attempted to use Zoom, and about two minutes ago, when I attempted again to access Zoom...I always get the message that my user name or password is incorrect - I do know my user name and my password, and am very careful to hit the correct keys for that input.

Wayne

Jim is right Wayne, if you read my first post here, all you need to do is to click on the link. If Zoom is installed, you don't need a username or password. If it's not installed, it'll ask you if you want to install it, you say "yes" and then you have the option to continue with your browser rather than installing it. Give it a try, I'm going to include you on the list and see where it goes.

So far, I'm going with:

Don (ezdays) host
Charlie B
Wayne (doctorwayne)
Tom (FiatFan)
Jim Currie
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I meant to start a new thread with this, but old age got the best of that thought, so I've moved all the posts to this new thread. At least that is the intent. Icon_redface
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Quote:I am looking forward to more face to face meetings, I even got an email back from OB Jack and he wants to try to join us at times.

Checked the time zones, if Jack lives in Sydney, it would depend on how early he gets up since our chat will start at 6:00AM his time.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Do laptops have cameras built in them? I have a laptop in my train room, if it does I might join in from time to time, I'll check on it tomorrow.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
(09-27-2020, 09:37 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: Do laptops have cameras built in them? I have a laptop in my train room, if it does I might join in from time to time, I'll check on it tomorrow.

If not your cell phone might.

charlie
(09-27-2020, 09:37 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: Do laptops have cameras built in them? I have a laptop in my train room, if it does I might join in from time to time, I'll check on it tomorrow.

my old old(2011) hp laptop has a camera in it.
Jim

Look for a small hole just about your screen, if you see one, if you have Windows, go to the start menu and under "C" you should see "Camera", click on it and see what happens. As Charlie says, if you have a cell phone, it should have at least one. Mikey used a cell phone during our last chat and it worked out well. I have a USB plug-in camera/mic I got at Walmart for around $20,it's hanging above my monitor screen. I've got a cheap ($50) TracFone and it has two cameras. I used it once for a televist and I couldn't hear since the only speaker it has is the earpiece.

Let us know what you find, would love to have you in our chat.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Last chance to sign up for tomorrow's chat. So far we have:

Don (ezdays) host
Charlie B
Tom (FiatFan)
Jim Currie
Tom (tompm)
Wayne (doctorwayne) back on....

Wayne tells me that he's having email problems with passwords, he can't solve the issue with his provider, so he's passing this session.

Anyone else that wants to join in, let us know here so I can put you on the list for an email invite. Anyone that is having problems downloading Zoom, let me know, you don't have to install Zoom to participate, and I can also show you how that works if you want....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I would like to join. There is a possibility, however, depending on how things go around here I may not be able to attend but I won't that until the last minute.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(10-02-2020, 01:59 PM)tompm Wrote: I would like to join. There is a possibility, however, depending on how things go around here I may not be able to attend but I won't that until the last minute.

I will add you to the list, that should be at 4:00 your time (I think you're in PA) when we meet. Let me know if your email address is different than the one we have here on record.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and