New chat #1
It looks like this is really going to work, at least for a while.  I would like to know what evening works best for everyone. I know we can get it together. I would guess 9PM EDT would be best for everyone but I can go as late as a 10PM start so the west coasters would be on at 7. 
Don as an owner do you have the ability to broadcast to everyone that is a member through direct email? I am thinking we could set a chat time and you could broadcast email an invitation to everyone and we could see who joins in.  Maybe send everyone an advance notice that we would be doing it at a certain time, 
Charlie
(10-05-2020, 08:53 AM)Charlie B Wrote: It looks like this is really going to work, at least for a while.  I would like to know what evening works best for everyone. I know we can get it together. I would guess 9PM EDT would be best for everyone but I can go as late as a 10PM start so the west coasters would be on at 7. 
Don as an owner do you have the ability to broadcast to everyone that is a member through direct email? I am thinking we could set a chat time and you could broadcast email an invitation to everyone and we could see who joins in.  Maybe send everyone an advance notice that we would be doing it at a certain time, 
Charlie

I could do that Charlie, just that it would send out emails to over 2000 people, including some spammers, people who never posted, people who haven't been here in years for one reason or another, and people whose email addresses have changed and will bounce back to the sender.... me....  We could compile a list of active users and send out invites to them, but remember, we'd like to keep participation to a reasonable group, otherwise we have confusion.

For now, let's just keep it to a sign-up thing, anyone that's interested should respond.

BTW, the time is fine, 9 PM EDT should be fine for everyone, even us desert dwellers.... Now pick a day and open a thread. If you want me to host that's OK, if you want to host, you'll need email addresses of those who want to attend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
9 PM Eastern time is good for me during the week. By then most of the household is getting ready for bed and it is my private/hobby time. I can also go with 10 PM.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
9 Eastern is fine for me

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Quote:I could do that Charlie, just that it would send out emails to over 2000 people, including some spammers, people who never posted, people who haven't been here in years for one reason or another, and people whose email addresses have changed and will bounce back to the sender.... me....  We could compile a list of active users and send out invites to them, but remember, we'd like to keep participation to a reasonable group, otherwise we have confusion. 

For now, let's just keep it to a sign-up thing, anyone that's interested should respond.

BTW, the time is fine, 9 PM EDT should be fine for everyone, even us desert dwellers.... Now pick a day and open a thread. If you want me to host that's OK, if you want to host, you'll need email addresses of those who want to attend.

Don, if it isn't a problem for you please do host it.  I know my friend railcop is interested in joining too. If you don't have his email address I will PM it to you. He moved several years ago and may not have thought to update it. 
Charlie
any evening except Wednesday would be fine with me. 
Jim