The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people of Big Blue. First the weather, we started December off with a record 84. Today should be still in the 80's, just not a record. Next week should be better, they even have a few days into the 60's with rain towards mid-week.

Now for gas, the national average dropped a few pennies, ours here went up about a dime. I thought I was getting ripped off at Costco yesterday at $3.65, but most everyone is at $3.79. I even see on Cheveron station at $4.19. According to Gas Buddy, Costco today is $3.59, so maybe that's the start of a trend.

Nothing done on my layout yesterday, got kind of busy for a bit. Went to Walmart to pick up some Locktite and the clerk was about to ask for ID to prove I was over 18. Eek She changed her mind when I gave her that, "really?" look...

Hope everyone is doing well, take care and stay safe...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 43 headed for partly cloudy and 60. Last nice day before the temps start to drop back to near normal.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. I did get in a bike ride and hoping for one more today. Get my booster shot at 11:30 and I'll see how I react to that.

Gas price was down to $2.96 yesterday afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Big Grin 
Good Evening
All is well here.  Do you know if you hit control w instead of shift w you lose everything you have typed? 
I see on a  group in FB you have an option to open a chat room and it may be open all the time to anyone with the address. I wonder if we should give it a try. 
One more week of a splinted arm. I am already tired of it, I am in the mood to do some modeling. Icon_e_biggrin
Have a good evening.
Charlie
(12-02-2021, 03:49 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Good Evening
All is well here.  Do you know if you hit control w instead of shift w you lose everything you have typed? 
I see on a  group in FB you have an option to open a chat room and it may be open all the time to anyone with the address. I wonder if we should give it a try. 
One more week of a splinted arm. I am already tired of it, I am in the mood to do some modeling. Icon_e_biggrin
Have a good evening.
Charlie

Uh, I guess you found that out the hard way Charlie Icon_e_surprised

For the record, we used to have a chat room (type your message) way long ago and there was always a time scheduled to meet and that worked, but was very confusing with A talking to B and C talking to D and E. We moved and for a long time didn't have one. Pat added it a few years ago by request and there was no schedule. If you went there all you saw was, "hello, anyone here?" or, "where is everyone?", so if failed and Pat removed it when we changed formats. An open chat room is doomed to fail unless there are times arranged when to meet. I tried your FB chat room, and of course, no one else was there. Have an open room, just arrange in advance a time to get together.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(12-01-2021, 10:30 PM)tompm Wrote: Good evening folks

Mikey I took the wife for a drive down to Delaware to get gas this afternoon. The Exxon at Silverside Road and US 202 was $3.33. The Circle K at Murphy Rod and US 202 was $3.23. We went to the Exxon as I didn't feel like driving the extra mile or so and also didn't want to deal with the craziness at the Circle K. Being the cheapest gas the last time I went there it was choas. Everything close to us in Pennsylvania is $3.52 to $3.58.

Yup, I go to Del too....    and I'm closer than you are Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Local paper reports Costco gas at $127.9. That's per litre and in Cdn$. (Litre is a generous quart). Price in the bottom 10 went up to $1.33.

Spent an hour this morning relaxing in the dentist's chair.

Does anyone else recall dentist chairs that had all the business hung from therm? I thought there was a tray, a motor tool, a good light, and a wash basin and probably something else. I think one would make a good modelling area.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning folks, today should be the last of the 80's for a while, still see some highs in the 60's and rain next week.

As for gas, I filled up at Costco the other day at their peak, they have now dropped to $3.49, most others are still at $3.79, but there's one station just a few blocks away from Costco still at $4.19. You must get a gold cup there with every fill-up. I remember a local chain called, "Blakely's" back in the 50's and 60's that would give you a cactus glass with a 10-gallon fill-up. Gas was 29 cents back then. They went out of business many years ago, but these glasses have been collectables ever since and going for $25 to $50 each right now. I've given away many sets over the years and still have enough left to maybe get my gas tank full.

As for relaxing in a dentist's chair, they only way I could do that is if they carried me there unconscious.

Take care and have a great day, remember, it's Friday... Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Looks to be another not to bad day. Sunny and a high in the low 50s. Then 40s and only 30 by Monday.

Decent day yesterday. Got my booster shot. Shoulder is a little sore this morning but otherwise no issues. Went for a bike ride but decided that a.) I wasn't in the mood and b.) it was just a little too cool. Came home again after only a couple of miles. Nothing major planned for today. Tomorrow I will be attending 4 basketball games for two of the great-grandsons and a then a birthday party for another one of the great-grandsons.

Gas here dropped again. Now down to $2.88. The town 20 miles north of me has it still at $3.09

All stay safe.

Tom

Good afternoon folks

This has been a rough week.

Spent a good portion of the day trying to get ahold of a doctor. The wife is still having the breathing issuses. There have been fewer incidents today.

A classmate and friend of my son at Temple University was shot and killed while unloadig his mother's car a block away from campus Sunday. Needless to say it has been quite a shock.

On the good side. We are trying to figure out what we should expect and what to look for if there is a problem. We are working on Christmas decorations. I have most of the outside done. Will try to finish tonight.

My daughter is getting her booster this evening.

I painted some ties last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Tom - how tragic! And scary for you and your son. Also hope you can get your wife's medical issues resolved quickly.

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 29 headed for still cloudy and 43. Warmer tomorrow but 35-45 mph winds won't do much to improve the day.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Cleaned up a few leaves but spent most of the day sitting on the porch with my laptop. Today will be busy with 4 basketball games and then a pizza and cake party for 3 year old great-grandson.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, had the joy of sleeping 9 1/2 hours, was awake at 3:00 AM yesterday, so I needed that.

Tom, that incident was on the news everywhere, a real pity that we have crazy people bent on randomly harming others. As for your wife, I hope she gets the diagnosis and help she needs for a complete recovery. Prays for you both that you have the strength and willpower to deal with this.

Technology is great when it works, got two smart plugs that no longer want to connect to Alexa, have spent hours trying to get them to work again, normally a five-minute job. My son is coming over later to put a smart controller on my garage door opener. Something that will help me or just another thing to get frustrated over when Alexa can't find it. Why were we so much happier fifty years ago when we didn't have all this technology to depend on? Back then we had, "The Clapper" and we were playing Pong on a B/W TV set.

Take care and have a great weekend....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy at the moment and it's going to stay that way. 37 now headed for the upper 40s but with 35 mph winds it won't be all that pleasant. Then the winds pick it up another 10 miles an hour for tonight with falling temperatures which won't be above freezing until about Thursday. Looks like winter is here but without the snow.

Lots of running yesterday. One basketball game here in town. Then 3 in the town 20 miles north of me. Then back home for a while and then off to grandson's place (another 20 miles away) for pizza party. After that I stopped at Walmart for gas ($2.80) and then the car wash. Not much planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all. We're now into the high 70's for a while, I think we've seen the last of the 80's for the year. They've moved the chance of rain to Thursday now. Don't know how they do that, maybe they had their annual weather forecaster's picnic scheduled for that day.

I am now bound to my smart phone, have to take it everywhere, even the shower. No longer do I need it just to make phone calls, but I can control my house thermostat, my indoor lighting, my hearing aid and now my garage door as of yesterday. At the bottom of the list I guess is calling someone. I remember when "bringing up the heat" meant going to the cellar and putting more coal of the fire, and to turn the lights on you got off your duff and flipped a switch. Now you just yell, "Alexa, do this, or do that" or push a button on your phone when you're miles away. I'm truly waiting for the day when I can say, "Alexa, make me a ham and cheese omelette, toast and some orange juice, and clean up the pans and dishes after I eat". It's gunna happen, wait and see....

Well I actually got some paint on my structure kit, will plod along as best I can. Maybe watch some football today, load the truck since we're going target shooting tomorrow, and do what pleases me... "Hey Alexa, how about some chips and dip and a cool drink? Yeah, put it over by the couch"... Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Windy and 21 at the moment with a predicted high of around 29. That high actually occurred around midnight last night. The 40+ mph winds started dropping the temperature. According the the (highly accurate) forecast I won't be seeing temps above freezing until at least Wed. afternoon.

After a very wild Formula 1 race yesterday I really didn't do much else. This morning I was out of the house by a little after 5. My daughter had outpatient surgery to have a couple of polyps removed. Doctor said they looked benign but we would get the results next week. Not much else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Windy. Was 51 this morning, now it's going down. High for tomorrow is 27. A snow squail just passed, looked like a blizzard for about five minutes.
Kinda sad that so many can't live without a cell phone. Oh we have em but they are only on when we go out.
Our Christmas Club meet has been cancelled. Daily Covid numbers in Michigan are very high and the meet with Christmas guest is a full basement so the host has decided to cancel. Everyone understands. And so another week begins.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)