The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is 59. They say it will go up to 75. We had a good rain overnight.

Another day of watching the contractor dump rocks and stones and see it sink in the mud.

Took it easy last night. Did do one load of laundry. No modeling.

Have to take the puppy for a shot later this afternoon. I am hoping to work on the second Athearn Tropicana reefer.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 headed for still cloudy and around 70. Had a brief shower overnight but no strong storms here.

Certainly not much going on in my life at the moment. I did see in yesterday's paper that a long time friend has passed away. I will be attending visitation tomorrow.

Gas priced dropped 3 cents to $4.16 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning, good morning, wakey-wakey, a whole brand new day ahead. What's doing? Not a lot, I did get my control panel overlay put on yesterday, now some soldering for a few wires that broke off the switches. Not a good solder job in the first place, the wires should break before the solder connection lets loose. Icon_redface 

Left eye vision is slowly clearing up, but not as good as it should be by now. I won't let them touch my right eye until it is.

The only change in gas pricing is up. Costco is now $4.91, there's a station in Casa Grande, (halfway between Phoenix and Tucson), selling regular at $4.23, makes it almost worth driving down there. Most stations here are $4.999, some $5.299. "They" are saying $6.00 a gallon isn't that far ahead, affecting everything we buy.

Well, off to breakfast, see what's shaking at the "Youngtown Diner", formally, "Brenda's Kitchen". The restaurant is in Youngtown, a community adjacent to Sun City that was incorporated to take advantage of the 1960's retirement building frenzy in Sun City.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good Morning everyone.
        Gas here was 4.54 yesterday, we are into record highs on gas now, and the shelves in the stores are showing some empty places. I heard on the news that the government may put price controls on fuel and I also remember what happened the last time they tried that. Be prepared for the long lines and even odd plate number days just like in the good old 70's.

I beat the rain today and finished mowing early. Visits from the kids and grand son stopped me from finishing yesterday but I would rather visit with them when they come. 

I worked on the train room making some order yesterday, I have to get it presentable because I have a friend from Denmark coming to visit next Thursday. I needed the extra motivation. 

Stay safe everyone. 
Charlie
Hello Blue
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Sorry for using space but I wanted to see if it was working before I lost another post.
It's cloudy and 69 going to 85 this afternoon. Might have to turn the A/C on later. Yes there are a couple days in Michigan when people actually use their A/C.
A trip to our temp club layout this evening, we are good there through June then might have to shut it down. Depends on what the landlord wants us to do.
More rain expected. sigh.
I have been following the Lake Mead finds, not surprised on their findings but it intrigues me to see what's there.
S.J.
Greetings, gang.

Cool this morning at 45 degrees with a predicted high only in the mid 50s for today and tomorrow.

Yesterday was pretty quiet but I did walk to the grocery store and my knee is not complaining this morning so that's a good thing. Visitation and memorial service this morning for a long time friend. I've been spending lots of time on the phone with my daughter. She's in panic mode over graduation planning. At the end of the day it will all be fine. She just needs a little hand holding.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, Saturday,  a day of either honey-do's, working on projects or just relaxing. Not sure, got a few things that I should do, but nothing essential. Might watch a bit of football, USFL has two games on today, two more tomorrow.

Costco gas is now $5.00, other stations at $5.20 (rounding up $0.001)

Temps in the very low 90's today, still, "plenty of sunshine", meaning I guess that there's no cloud cover. I don't park my truck in the garage, too much other stuff there, but the body shop says to park it in the shade so the paint can cure, so I made enough space to at least nose in so the front fender is shaded. Not so much today, but we're looking at 107 later this week, and you can get a burn from touching a vehicle that's been parked outside for very long. I've got a remote starter, and used it all winter, I used it the other day and the cab was nice and cool by the time I got in. I usually forget to do that and the cab is like going into an oven normally. The cab can get to 123° with temps outside at 100, and 160° when it gets to 110. You try to drive with one finger on the steering wheel which is even hotter, so a remote start turns the A/C on, that is, if I remember to do it...

So much for summer life in Phoenix, that's why we have so many Snowbirds, no guts, can't take the summer heat and I can't blame anyone. Nope 

Take care wherever you are and enjoy the day. Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Everyone, Well it is a beautiful day here in Pa. The temps are getting up into the 90's this weekend but come monday it will drop back into the high 60's. I guess mother nature wants to tease us some more with the warmer weather. Hope you all are having a great weekend and get out there and enjoy the nice weather. Take care my friends.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Good afternoon folks

It is 87 going up to a high of 92 and sunny here in southeastern Pennsylvania.

We may take a trip to Delaware to T-Mobile. My daughter and I need to get new phones. Our leases run out in a couple of weeks. My wife is overdue for a new phone also. Since we will be in Delaware I should get gas which is $4.59. PA prices are $4.79 to $4.85. We need to hit the grocery store, the produce store, and PetSmart while we are out.

The work week caught up with me and I crashed on the couch the after dinner. I am hoping today to get downstairs and work on the reefers.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and downright cool this morning at 39 degrees. Highs only in the low 60s until Friday.

Reunion day at the visitation yesterday. Ran into a number of longtime friends and acquaintances. Otherwise laundry was the only major activity. F1 race starting in a few minutes.

Gas price down to $4.11 yesterday. I'll be filling the tank this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, another bright and sunny day in store for us here. Folks in Colorado however, are dealing with snow. That's got to be a bit quirky, we're flirting with 100 degrees, and a few hundred miles to the north they're shoveling snow.

Today is my great-grandson's first birthday celebration. His paternal grandparents are hosting a party for him. That kind of sets what I'll be doing today.

No change in gas pricing, the highest I see around here is $5.49 up at I-17 and the Carefree Highway (yeah, the one in that song). What gets me is Costco is at $4.89 one place, and $4.99 a few miles away.

So, you all have a pleasant day today and don't do anything you don't need to do, today is a day of rest....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning.
       We have a beautiful morning in south east Ohio with a possibility of thunder storms later in the day. 

My garden is looking good. the corn, beans, carrots, peas and potatoes are all sprouted and I have one watermelon plant doing well. I am still waiting for the seeds to sprout.
the cucumbers I planted along the fence are sprouting too.  The onions in the raised gardens should be ready in about a week so I think I am doing pretty good.  I hope we don't get a late frost. 

I have a Danish friend and his wife coming to visit on Thursday. We met at the Kiski when he came to railfan in 1998. He was here working with Union Switch and Signal to make standardized signals for the trains in the EU. The signals were different in every country until the establishment of the EU.

Gas is steady.....rising everyday. Wink

Charlie
Hello Blue
Just checking in. No great news to share.
Gas is around 4.59 and climbing.
Morning fog is gone and the temp is 54.
S.J.
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 43 at the moment but clouds are scheduled to move in. High temp around the mid 60s. Rain tomorrow afternoon through Wed.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. F1 race was somewhat entertaining. Went to Walmart for gas after supper. Price was down to $4.06. Not much planned for today. Need to call the furnace guy again. Furnace was acting up yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom