The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a chilly 61. It was 52 out on the project site at 6:30. I actually wished I had brought my hoodie. High will be 78.

It was a good weather weekend being mild but it was windy. We had several potted plants blow over luckily there was no damage. On Saturday we got weeds pulled and leaves and sticks from under the magnolia. Sunday the family took me out for Father's Day dinner. We did get the majority of our vacation packing done.

I did not get much modeling done. I did paint the weights on a bunch of Athearn blue box kits. Also painted several coupler clips that were not black.

I need to make a pharmacy run later today.

I will see if I can get some modeling in.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
hi all. well another monday is rolling by not doing much as lower back is acting up , though i have made a lot  progress on latest cross stich , funny i just cant sit and watch movies need to be doing something. any way you all stay safe.
Jim
Greetings, gang.

Hot. humid. Iowa. Moving on.

Yesterday was ok. Swim and work out then stay indoors. I did get a call from the doctor's office. Seems the latest spot removed from my ear is basal cell cancer. Waiting for scheduling to call to find out when they will take the rest off.

Not much planned for today need to make a grocery run and get gas for the lawn mower.

Gas price jumped to $4.79 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone, welcome to the first day of summer, 2022. Some say we have a slight chance of rain today, better chances as the week progresses. Temps still mild, a bit over 100.

Did go up north yesterday, stopped in Cottonwood to visit where my wife is interred, spent some time at the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona and as usual, had a nice lunch at Pago's Italian Restaurant. One thing that surprised me is that gas in Sedona was $4.89 with one station at $4.75, it's still $5.69 to $5.89 here.

Got a stress test this morning. No caffeine, no food for one hour before (already had a quick breakfast) and need to spend a few hours at my cardiologist's office. That about does it for today, don't know how I'm going to be feeling after that, so I plan on just taking it easy, got lots of stuff on the DVR so that should be easy.

Fires up north are around 50% contained. We didn't see any smoke from them while we were up there, Sedona is about 50 miles south of where the fires are and the winds were being good to us.

Take care, have a great day and stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning folks

Still on the cool side with a current temperature of 71. It was 55 on the project site when I arrived this morning. High is supposed to be 81.

Spent the evening getting ready to leave on vacation tomorrow morning. Had to run to the pharmacy and pick up a bunch of medicine so that the wife does not run out.

I built an Accurail wood boxcar. I am impressed with the newer Accurrail kits as they now have separately applied brake lines. Makes for a nicer end product but does not add too much complexity to the building of the kit.

Tonight we have to do our final packing. Car will be picking us up for the airport at 6 AM. We will be gone for a week.

I am going to try to build a couple of more kits before we leave.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Feel downright cool outside. 63 at the moment compared to yesterday morning's 77. Supposed to get to the upper 80s today and back to the 90s for tomorrow.

Routine day yesterday. I did manage to get a branch chopped up and into the wood box for consumption in the fire pit at a later date. Swimming today and not much else.

Tom - enjoy your vacation.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, no change in the weather, around 105 for a while. The TV news has been showing clips of how to deal with our monsoon storms including videos of flooded streets and dust clouds, just that all this is from their archives, yes, rain in the forecast everyday but not a drop in months, so what's their point? At least we don't see a newbie reporter trying to fry an egg on the sidewalk.

Looks like the bottom is falling out of the gas market, I see where in a few stations prices have plummeted two whole cents, (.03%) down to $5.67. Man, another two cents and I might just take off on vacation. I even see places in California that are lower then here in the Phoenix area.

Did my stress test yesterday, the real stress was on my back, laying on a steel table for 30 minutes really did a number on it. Fortunately, I see my chiropractor this morning. How did I do you ask, test results are usually back within 24 hours yet frequently you wait a week before you get to see the doctor, so I won't know until next week.

Anyone notice, but the older you get the more time you spend talking about the weather and your aches and pains? Waiting

Tom, you and the wife enjoy your vacations, stay safe. Everyone have a great day as well.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

More warn weather underway today. High near 90. Looks like the worst is over for a while. Only 84 tomorrow and in the upper 70s by the weekend.

Got a real shock yesterday. Got a phone call to schedule the surgery to remove the skin cancer from my ear. They want to do it in October!!!!!! That's 4 months away. I'm going to try to do some surgery shopping today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, quiet day yesterday, overcast, air felt a bit heavy, but no rain. Forecast for today says thunderstorms late in the day.

Wow Tom, don't blame you. Went to my dermo doc a few weeks ago with a lump on the back of my hand. I left an hour later with no lump, a 2" incision and nine stitches. It was positive and he did get it all the first time. "But doc, I'm on Warfarin", says I. "Ahh, not a problem" as he brings out that huge Novocain syringe. Icon_e_surprised  Four month wait for what should be an office procedure is insane.

Just going to be a lazy day today, back is doing better, I just don't want to take any chances of screwing it up again. I'll just hang around and wait for the rain.

Just in case you missed him, we just had a spammer flood us a bit ago with 9 threads, all long tirades on sports that made no sense. Took him 28 minutes to post, took me 2 minutes to delete them and ban him. Why do they even bother, someone on our team will nail them.

Take it easy, stay safe and add a few prayers for those in need.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Sun and 83 for today.
Did some grocery shopping today, meat and egg prices are the highest I've even seen. Gas is still at $5:19.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 68 right now and only headed to 84. Even cooler tomorrow with highs only in the upper 70s but with a good chance for up to about an inch of rain.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Bike ride and then took some clothes to the men's shelter. Also stopped at the grocery store. Did some research and apparently for the type of surgery I have been scheduled for a 4 month wait is not too far out of line. In addition the number of physicians who can do the job is rather small. There are only 5 within 100 miles of me. Some research has shown that delaying the surgery is not all that critical as long as it is done within about a year.

Gas price when I left town yesterday afternoon about 4 PM was $4.44. When I returned at around 6 it had dropped again to $4.41.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning good people. Well, we finally got some rain yesterday for a good ten minutes or so. The rain map shows rain the the NW and SE of us, but apparently it didn't rain here enough to show on the rain gauges. However, there is a storm rolling through as we speak, so whatever we get it's more than we had.

SJ, a carton of 18 eggs used to sell for around $2.50 at Walmart. I picked some up a few days ago for $5.06. Yesterday it dropped to $4.14. A local egg farm had a massive fire about a year ago and prices have been unstable since then. They are selling ground beef for what steak used to be.

Not much else to talk about, just taking it easy to keep from screwing up my back. Want to do some trackwork but I have to hunch over for that and it's not a good thing right now. Maybe I can build a structure. I need and Micky-D's to compete with my Arby's, might think about that some.

Take care and enjoy the day....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and very humid this morning but no sign of the rain the NWS promised. It all moved to the north and est of me.

Got the yard mowed yesterday but the cordless string trimmer died. Just waiting for a rebate check to head to Menard to get a new one. Not much on the agenda for today. Just laundry and a bike ride. I stayed up way too late last night so I may actually take a nap today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, just about at the end of June, time zipping by so fast it makes my head swirl. We has some rain last night around us here in Surprise, but nothing near our neighborhood. Good chance today though. According to the NWS, we are 2.37" below normal for rain at the Phoenix Airport. They got around .5" so far this year there, but there are areas a few miles away that have had over 1" just this past few days but that's where the official weather station is and so that's what gets in the books. Oh, the record rain yesterday for Phoenix was .26" back in 1899.

So much for the weather report, gas prices are plummeting, down another 2 cents at some stations, now $5.65, that's a staggering 4 cents this week. Of course, it went up 20 cents these past two weeks. Waiting Meanwhile, Costco is being honest and is down to $5.16. Applause

Hope everyone here has a delightful weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Sun all day, hi of 90.
I went to our temp club house yesterday evening. We had a good size group for a summer day. We also had some U-Tube visitors that took some videos.
Today, Saturday, I just played lazy all day
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)