The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(06-03-2023, 08:20 AM)ezdays Wrote: Charlie, you win on age, but can you beat Tom's 12? 

Well Days, I have him there too, (18)  but none of us can choose the number of grand or great grandkids.  

Nice day here,  I haven't started anything yet. I'll post more when something more is worth saying. 
Charlie
(06-03-2023, 09:29 AM)Charlie B Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 08:20 AM)ezdays Wrote: Charlie, you win on age, but can you beat Tom's 12? 
Well Days, I have him there too, (18)  but none of us can choose the number of grand or great grandkids.  

Nice day here,  I haven't started anything yet. I'll post more when something more is worth saying. 
Charlie

Geeze, I feel so inadequate. Crazy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Another warm one underway. The NWS is claiming 85 and my backyard thermometer is showing 90 with 40% humidity so a little uncomfortable trying to do much outdoors.

Decent day yesterday. Went to Menards very early to get the insect control spray. After that I did over 15 miles on the bike. Got the laundry done and then put the spray on the yard. No rain this time to wash it away. Then took the bike out again to pay the drive by bills for another 7 miles. By then it was shower and Corona time.

This morning I watched the start of the F1 race and then did almost 15 miles on the bike before it got too hot. Came home and watched then rest of the race and have been goofing of ever since. Probably just read or watch a movie this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

PS most gas stations were at $3.24 but all the Casey's stores in town were at $3.49. There was a local event in town called Frontier Days. Now that that is over the Casey's stores have dropped back to $3.24. Probably just a coincidence, I'm sure.
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning, well, it's almost noon here, probably starting to get dark on the other side of the pond. The weather here hasn't changed, gas is going down in dribs, many stations at $4.69, just pennies difference from Costco and Sam's. Not worth driving that far to save five cents a gallon. Nope 

Not much else going on, the usual chaos, lost another deputy from a shooting, a few multi-car accidents, wrong-way drivers and other various shootings keeping our LEO's busy.

I actually spent a bit of time on my layout, decided how I'm going to separate my two sections and started the process. But now I'm spending time in the garage. I need to put my new planer on a stand, I can get one at Harbor Freight for $37, or build one for about $25. I'm going to build one, not to save a few bucks, but to get me back into my woodworking shop. I need to get back active again.

Tom, how long does it take you to peddle 15 miles? For me, it could take about a week if I include stopping at a motel and  McD's along the way. Waiting

Take care everyone, and enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Had a brief shower move through yesterday afternoon dropping about a quarter inch of rain. There's no rain in today's forecast. 62 now and the mid 80s later.

Yesterday afternoon went as advertised with reading and movie watching. Overall a pretty quiet day. I'm a little "hangry" this morning. Going for a blood draw at 8 and they said no eating after 8 last night. After that a trip to the gym will round out the major activities planned for today.

Don - according to the fancy speedometer on my bike it took me an hour and fifteen minutes to ride 14.7 miles.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Temp is 60, going to 80 by late afternoon. Sky is smoke covered from the fires in Canada and Michigan. A/C is turned off.
Graduation ceremony on Saturday afternoon prevented me from attending the club meet. Had it been closer to home I would have gone.
For a while there I thought the grandkids thing was gonna turn into a my dad can beat your dad thing. LOL
No plans for today.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning folks

It is a bright and sunny 64 going up to 74.

I had what I will call a semi-productive. Saturday, we made returns to Amazon via Kohl’s and to Walmart. We stopped at one of our favorite places, Wolff’s Apple House. It is a combination nursery, produce store, and fresh grocery store. My wife picked up a couple of hanging plants and I grabbed some a few things from the grocery section. We then stopped at the regular grocery store, where I promptly forgot to get half of the things we needed. We watched for updates on the Delaware County Pride Parade in which my son was the chief organizer. He had expected about 300 to 500 people. They got over a thousand. The businesses in Media were ecstatic. The after-parade events were packed, and several were extended past their original quitting times. Several of the very happy business owners told my son that had not had anything like this since before the pandemic.

Sunday was spent outside. I looked over where we want to hang the plants that were purchased on Saturday and determined it was not going to be easy. I cannot just hang them off the pergola as we had hoped. Looks like I am going to have to get creative. My wife harvested some herbs while I removed what was left of the tulips. I also did some weeding. We had to make another grocery store run to get those things I forgot on Saturday. Somehow, I still managed to forget a few things which I will try to get on my home from work today.

Modeling was not as productive. I did clean off the workbench some. I finished the NYO&W FTB unit. I was going to run a train with my BLI Lehigh & Hudson River Light Mikado with a bunch of express reefers, but I found several that still had plastic wheels and several with coupler issues. Thusly I found myself checking and tuning the express reefers up. I did six of them before I got pulled away to do a few other things.

I am going to try to tonight to work on more of the express reefers.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning and welcome to a new work week. Temps hit 105 yesterday, but not close to the record of 115. Starting tomorrow we'll be back down to the mid-90's for a while.

Golly Tom, that close to 12mph, I couldn't do that if it was all downhill... Nope

I was watching a newscast where the gal was bragging that gas prices in the Phoenix area were dropping while they are staying steady elsewhere. What she forgot to mention is that Phoenix area gas prices are well over a dollar a gallon higher than the national average to start with and could use a significant drop to catch up. Some stations are down as low as $4.65, the same as Costco and Sam's.

Nothing else going on, need to stay home and wait for a call from the hospital hoping they'll have a date for me for a procedure. Seems as if they are short of anesthesiologists and are way behind. I've been waiting over six weeks now and still haven't got a date.

Heading out to the garage to start of my planer stand. Got a phone and Alexa out there so I won't miss a phone call.

Take care everyone and have a great week....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
hi all. Monday again not much new days are hot nights are just right for sitting outside. kitchen is all torn up as dishwasher leaked causing floor to give way youngest is here fixed floor, he is now laying new laminate in kitchen and living room then he will install new appliances , total is about 5 grand.
Jim
Good evening
       We need rain but none in sight until Sunday and that is iffy. 

My wife has made a complete recovery. I took her to visit our PCP this morning (It was scheduled 3 months ago.) She had bloodwork done in the hospitals so the blood draw wasn't done and her numbers are terrific. Our PCP can do the pretzel maneuver to stop the vertigo if she has any more spells which is really good to know.  She had the glue removed from here surgery incision and the doc says OK for light duty and back to normal the end of the month. She is back to her old chatty bossy self once again. Icon_e_biggrin

I have been doing some video editing on old movies of our Canadian fishing trips from the late 50, early 60's I am using photoshop premiere elements 2022 and it is a great program. The trouble is you have to accidentally find things to make corrections. I think it will correct most everything if you can figure how to do it. I learned a lot more tonight so now I have to go back and make scenes even better. Sadly all of the old generation is gone and worse yet, 50 percent of my generation of friends have been killed. 

I did work on one passenger car today, I had an old C&O mail car (IHC) that I added Kadee couples and 4 ounces of weight. It runs very well and will become part of the carnival train.  

Nothing more tonight. 

Charlie
Greetings, gang.

Another in a string of warm, sunny days underway here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 65 now and maybe near 90 by this afternoon.

Had a blood draw yesterday morning and the numbers all looked good except the red blood cells were a touch low. Dr. appointment this afternoon. Then a baseball game for one of the great-grandkids at 6.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning

17 days in a row with no rain for us. It's a cool morning and very hazy from the wildfires. 

I have to take my wife for an eye appointment. I'm only going because they will probably use the drops that blind otherwise she is good to go on driving and shopping. She has a PHD in shopping.  Icon_e_biggrin

I may do a few chores when we return

Cheers
Charlie
Good morning all, we seem to be in some kind of whirlwind, temps yesterday hit 107, today more like 97. Gas prices are also all over the place. Regular is around $3.25 all over the state except in the Phoenix area. We've got a few stations around $4.25, here in Surprise, Costco has dropped to $4.49. Believe it or not, we still can pay $5.39 up about 10 miles on US60. Now we're hearing that thanks to OPEC, we'll be seen higher prices soon.

Beyond that, not much else has changed, the usual number of shooting and stuff. So many of them happen at "parties", even kids birthday parties. I wonder if the kids come armed, of are their parents just a bunch of boobs...

Got my planer stand designed. I know, it's not that big a deal, but I did find I had a sheet of MDF and designed it to use what I have, so all I need is a couple if 2x3's for the legs and I'm good to go.

That's it for now, you all do something fun today, just stay safe doing it.... That's my plan. Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
We have daylight but the sun rays are being blocked by the wildfire haze. 63/75 for the day.
My wife is out for a walk while I sit here in my Laze Boy.
S.J.
Hello Blue
Got a double post, sorry. I can't find a delete button.