The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
hi all
time marches on (seems like a quick step march as of late) started a kit that I've been putting off for some time a tichy 120 ton wrecking crane and boom car converting the crane to diesel powered one as many were converted by the late 50's . went shopping yesterday ,stores are getting toilet paper and paper towels back on the shelf. don't understand the hording attitude .
Jim
Home from werk.  Giverment werk as got through at 2 and got paid for 8 [start time 9].  Icon_rolleyes  Christmas shopped some in Raleigh and surrounding areas.  Lost my religion 6 times.  Teenaged girls with big Audi SUVs/cars and old folks driving 10 mph under speed limit.  Then getting to place to turn left and not getting in turn lane.  Best part was stopping and getting a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts.  Icon_e_smile

Wifey out with sister Christmas shopping.  She finished 2 weeks ago.  Icon_rolleyes

Werk again tomorrow AM.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning everyone, chilly out right now, high 30's or low 40's, take your pick. Not suppose to get over the mid-60's, that's cold for here. Got to be snowing up north, really glad I made my trip up there last week. I do not drive well in the snow, very little experience doing that.

Got a call from my SIL, they lost another sibling. Out of nine children, four brothers and one sister (my wife) are now gone. One has to realize that the older we get, we outlive more friends and relatives than we'd care to. But then again, we gain, my great-grandson is to be born in April, so the life cycle goes on.....

Still working on my paint supply cabinet. Got enough scrap plywood and MDF to make a half-dozen of them, I'll settle for one.

Have a great day, stay warm and safe.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
37 and cold rain.  Off to werk again.  Tired of not sleeping late.  Have a good one.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 16 headed for partly cloudy and 26.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. Gym in the morning and some cleaning in the afternoon. Got to chatting with a woman at the gym and she asked hoe old I am. I told her and she said "I am too." Silver tounged devil that I am I said "you look older than 2." She completely ignored that. Probably a wise choice. Anyway not much going on around here today.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone. News headlines today. "Despite the release of the coronavirus vaccine case numbers continue to rise"  and the best for today, 
"we are going to have a major snow storm so virtual classes have been canceled for today."   
I'm waiting to see if Amtrak shuts down.   
I remember the days when it snowed it just snowed and the world continued with what needed done. I do remember I got a week off school in second grade for the Thanksgiving 1950 snowstorm. We got 36 inches and it did cripple things for a while but now a snow of 3.6 inches seems to have the same OMG effect. 

My plans are to sit on the sunporch and watch it snow, then do some work in the train barn. 

I hope everyone is safe, warm and healthy.  
Charlie
Good morning folks

It is 28 and cloudy. High is supposed to be 33. The wind is picking up. I had to run out and grab the recycle cans before they blew up the street or out into the streets. The trashmen just tossed them on their sides after they emptied them, and the wind was blowing into them like a sail. I guess something is coming. I don’t know what. When I went to bed last night it was 6 to 12 inches. Now it is 3 to 6 inches and then changing to rain and sleet. They are talking about possible trees coming down and power outages due to the heavy wet snow.

I got the canopy off the gazebo yesterday. I moved the snowblower out and fired it up. I had to run out last night and get oil as it looked to be borderline okay. I first went to Lowes because they are the closest. It looked like a bomb went off. Trash was everywhere. Apparently, they had not emptied the trashcans all day. The shelves were a mess with things thrown everywhere. The place felt dirty. They did not have the oil. Even if they did, I would not have bought it due to the condition of the store. Now I remember why I don’t shop there. Went to Home Depot and got the oil and a pack of light bulbs for the dining room chandelier.

I sealed the Tropicana reefers. I hope I can run them later today. I continued entering information into the database. I am almost at the point of reentering everything that was inputted before the crash of the old database.

I have to run out to the pharmacy. The wife realized this morning she is almost out of one of the OTC meds she needs for her breathing.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning good people, another cold day in store for us here, right now it could be around 37, then again, it could be 44, regardless, that's sub-freezing as far as I'm concerned. We're looking at mid-60's for a high, that everyone seems to agree on.

Still working on my paint/supply cabinet, it should be finished today depending on whether I decide to paint, stain or just leave it as-is...

Our governor announced that they will start inoculations today with care workers first. I wonder why it took so long, they've had the vaccine several days now. At least he hasn't shut anything else down. And yes, Walmart is pretty well stocked on paper goods, a few spot shortages of some things, but overall not bad. No real crowds either, no hording mentality for now anyway. There's a brand new hospital a few miles south of us that has been sitting empty for probably six months or longer. Now their sign says they'll be open "early 2021". There's another large hospital in Phoenix that is being refurbished to house Covid-19 cases, that also remains closed. My guess is that they can't get enough care workers to open, doctors, nurses and techs all have their hands full somewhere else, bless them all for doing what they do...

Take care everyone and stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks.
         4 inches of fluff to clear today.  It's to remain below freezing with a few more flurries. 
My cousin came up with some new old pictures of a coal tipple that we only had one picture of. I need to get them so I can scan hem and clean them up. These are from 1937. 

Stay warm and safe. 
Charlie
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 22 now headed for cloudy and 29 later.  Supposed to be cloudy until Saturday when it starts to warm up again.  Mid 40s by Monday, so "they" say.

Decent workout at the gym yesterday. Otherwise I did nothing other than a load of laundry.  This morning I'm headed to Walmart for a few things then to the gym for swimming.  This afternoon I may go to Kohls for a new shirt but mainly just to get out of the house for a while.

(12-17-2020, 06:20 AM)ezdays Wrote: bless them all for doing what they do...

Couldn't agree more Don.

Gas jumped again yesterday. Up to $2.14. That's a $.30 increase since last Friday for those who are keeping track.

All stay safe.

Tom

UPDATE: 9:40 AM up another nickel overnight.

42 and sunny. Out of early meeting and ready to go into another one.  Then a break. FEDEX just delivered 3 new buildings for my layout.

SNOW, glad to send it north as you have the equipment to handle. We don't. If we get a lot of snow, getting out of drive at the street is the problem. DOT plows pile it high at the entrance.

Plan on errands and some outside chores but really wet out.

Wind changed and my required presence for Sat PM is gone. Will hunt Sat instead of tomorrow. Gives me a day here for chores outside I want to do.

Tom, sounds like she is interested in you.   

Have a good day.
Good morning all, I'm going to skip the weather report, looked at four of them and they obviously are getting their data from different sources. I wonder if the Russians..... Let's just say that it's cold. I have been using my remote start on my truck the past few days. Really neat, it not only turns on the heater, but the steering wheel and seat warmers too. I got to remember to use that in the summer when it's 115 outside, got A/C, just no wheel or seat coolers. Still, I'll take what I can get.

Did not get to much of my small supply cabinet project, I think it was sub-zero in the garage. One thing that did brighten up my day, the doorbell rang, looked out and there was a bunch of people standing outside. Oh, carolers I thought, but then I recognized a few. They were all from my wife's Hospice care, all the nurses, care workers and case workers that I knew started singing.... waaaay off key, but that didn't matter. I was delighted to see them all. Got hugs (social distancing sometimes doesn't apply) and a giant candy cane and they ran off to serenade someone else. These were all front-line people and deserved to be sung to themselves.... I still get emotional thinking about it, that they'd take their day off and in street clothes to do that. Applause Applause They wanted me to know that Hospice care did not stop with my wife's passing.

We are just one week away from Christmas, take care and stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning. Cloudy with light flurries here. 
I used the snowblower on the driveway and the alley leading to it yesterday so my exercise for the week is done. I am surprised I could get out of bed. I did take a muscle relaxer before I got into bed last night and I didn't wake up with any leg cramps so all is well. 
Still in hiding for at least a little while. 
Have a great day everyone.
Charlie
Greetings, gang.

One more cloudy day under way. 26 headed for 40 maybe.

Skipped the gym yesterday (see my rant in the tech vent threat). I did get a new shirt. Not sure why. I just wanted it. Also got the kitchen floor and basement
stairs washed. Goofy dreams last night about camping with my in-laws. Off to the gym this morning. May clean the garage this afternoon and put the summer toys away and get out the winter ones.

Frank - I think you may be right. At least she was not one of the square ones. You know, the ones that are as wide as they are tall. For some reason I get a lot of that.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks

It is 26 heading up to 33.

Did not get here yesterday. With the big storm we got about 6 inches consisting of 3 inches of snow, 2 inches of sleet, and an inch of ice. Used the snowblower for the first time since I bought it in November 2019. The snow was packed really hard. I did the car port and some of the driveway with the neighbor. We have a shared drive. We both decided to stop and try again later. In the early afternoon we tried again with better success. The sun had softened the snow and we were able to finish the driveway and the front walkways.

I spent a good part of the rest of the day getting my new working. My daughter and I had to get new phones since our leases are done the end of the month. Since we upgraded from the Pixel 3a to the 4a the phones transferred about 95% of the data which made the process less gruesome than the last time we did it. I still had to figure out usernames and passwords to apps that I have not had to log into since they were loaded on the phone.

The wife and I spent some time grooming the dog. Not the easiest thing to do with a blind dog. We have not been able to find a groomer to take him to. Our regular groomer had some trouble with a couple of their groomers, and we have not gone back since. We called around and as soon as they hear he is blind they won’t take him.

No modeling yesterday. I just never made it to the basement.

Today I will clean the car off. I have to run out and get prescription dog food. I hope to run some trains today.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery