The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning and happy Friday to you all. For us retirees, just another day. A hot one, suppose to be in the high 90's (no two forecasts are alike), still, hot and dry with the humidity around 7%. Not much else going on today, work a bit more on my challenge, you may think that you're finished until you look at the photos that you took and you can see at least ten things that need more work. That's my challenge for today.

Most stations around town are now at $2.99, the lowest in Arizona is in Tucson at $2.59. The lowest in the Phoenix area is $2.69 (one station). Tucson is always a lot lower than up our way, the pipelines from both Texas and California are down there, so they probably haul the gas up to Phoenix in buckets to justify the difference in price. Icon_rolleyes

As for masks, most folks still wearing them here, probably 95% at the Post Office even though they no longer have signs requiring them. Most stores still have signs, some schools require them, others are now saying it's OK not to. As for vaccine shots, you no longer need an appointment, no more scrambling to get the few that they release. Just about every drug store is now giving them out as well.

Take care, stay safe and enjoy the day. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning folks

It is a bright 58 going up to 67. We are under a high wind warning for the day and I can say the wind has picked up quite a bit since dawn.

I went to Kohl’s yesterday to drop off the Amazon return and while I was there I picked up a tower fan for our bedroom that was 20% off and used the 25% off coupon for the Amazon return. Later I had to make a pharmacy run and got home just before the storm hit.

Last evening was a big step on the layout. I installed the Water Tower diorama into the layout. Granted the location is temporary but I can run trains across it again.

Today I hope to run some trains and work on the cinder conveyor.

I need to pull the pond filter and clean it. I need to run to PetSmart and get hay bales for the pond which help clarify the water. Then I probably will hit the grocery store.

Tom your experience with the utility line marking reminded me of an incident we had on a project. The contractor was installing storm sewer pipes along the road. The water company gave us plans showing where there lines were and unfortunately due to the terrain we had to lay the new pipe near their lines which meant the water company had to move them. They come out and mark the existing line on the other side of the road. The contractor and chief inspector question the utility representative and he assured them the line is marked correctly. I get a call and come out to the location and express my concern and again we are told the lines are correct and the plans we were given are incorrect. After some more discussions with supervisors and ourselves the contractor starts digging. Within a half an hour we have a geyser of water shooting twenty feet into the air as the contractor hit an 8-inch water main. Found out later the water company rep, his supervisor, and his supervisor’s supervisor were reading the plan upside down. Whoever drew the plan had the north arrow pointing to the bottom of the sheet (a drafting no-no). These guys assumed north was at the top of the sheet and thusly marked the line on the wrong side of the road.

Someday I will tell you about the disappearing guide rail posts.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
73 and WINDY. Think some have wind warnings. On up into NY.

Errands and help Wifey get ready for her plant sale.

Wifey finally put up hummingbird feeder. Told her some around. She saw one this AM.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue
Some sun but a kool 57 for todays high.
Gas prices are going up here too. Most @ $2.79 or more.
I have had the shots but will still wear a mask around any group of people but family.
My wife received her first place bowling money yesterday it was $9.00. They don't pay much for the afternoon teams to play.
Going to church is out again, too many coming down with the China virus. Including both pastors.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Happy May Day, gang.

57 and sunny at the moment going 89, sunny, and "hang on to your hat" windy with winds expected to be near 40 mph.

Another busy day yesterday. Got my new edger from Menards, went to the gym, rode the bike, ran the new edger around the sidewalks, and mowed the yard. This morning is laundry and this afternoon I'll be going to soccer games for great-grandkids. I'll leave here around 11:30 and won't be back probably until 3 so not many projects will get done. When I get home I'll watch the Nebraska spring game. It's on from 1-3 so I'll tape it.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
62 up from 52 at 6 AM. Wifey's plant sell is under way. Always a mess to get set up.

Now shower and get on the road to Cary. Present the Black Female Citizen of the Year award for an organization. Stop back by Fairgrounds for a model train event.

Enjoy your day.
Good morning all, according to the TV lady, we could hit 100 today. A few degrees less according to everyone else. A/C is starting to kick on in the late afternoon, just as electric rates hit the highest tier, which is from 3-9 PM. And it's May 1, so all our electric rates go up until around October. They charge the most when you need it the most, how fair is that?

'tis Saturday, slept close to ten hours, really needed that since I don't take naps like a lot of old folk do. I guess in my mind, that keeps me young. Then I try to move around, maybe lift something and realize that's just a fantasy. Achy muscles and creaky bones prove me wrong. Icon_cry

Frank, the only model train event here will be on May 15, a train swap meet at a local church. it's been many years since I've been to one, I think I'll give this one a shot. They say, "strict social distancing observed", not sure how that's going to work, but I'm not standing in line to wait for someone to leave before they let someone else in. Nope All others to this point have been canceled.  Our fairgrounds right now are taken up by a recount of the last election. They are manually counting ballots, not sure how that's going to work either, no hanging chad though.

Everyone have a great weekend, so do something you like to do for a change. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 65 at the moment headed for increasing clouds and 90% chance of a half inch of rain overnight tonight.

90 degrees and winds over 40 mph do not make for a pleasant soccer game. Humidity was in the teens so lots of liquids consumed. It was fun and I was smart enough to use lots of sunscreen but apparently I missed a spot on the top of my head towards the back.

Another sports day for the great-grandkids. Baseball starts at 9 with games on 2 different fields at the same time. Guess it's time to drag out my split personality. Formula 1 race starts at the same time so I'll be taping that to watch later. only about 80 for a high today but still sunny so I'll be wearing a hat today. Top of my head is a little tender yet this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
No your not forgotten I just haven't had any news to write about.
Today though I will be meeting with three of our Detroit3Railers for a few hours. All four of us have had the shots and time needed.
My wife will be going to the local nursery for garden plants. Flowers, as it's too early here to plant veggies. Which means I won't have a real BLT till late July. Store Ts just don't do it.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
70 and sunny. Mid to high 80's.

Wifey went to BoJ's for chicken biscuits this AM. Resting and doing TV Church. Could have slept later if I had known that. Last night, she said we were going to in person Church. 

Award presentation was great.  Lady was in tears.

Train show was OK.  Bought small transformer for some lights at $5.  Some like it but needed cords was $25.  ??

Have a great week ahead.  
Good morning, not much going on here without getting political. Did get to church today, getting more crowded, bars, restaurants and gyms are allowed 100% capacity, but churches are still held to 25%.

Didn't get to 100 yesterday, 99 in Phoenix. Today should be a lot lower.

Heading over to the couch, just to relax and watch some on 50's and 60's reruns, many in B/W. Will record the old, "Mission Impossible" tonight, a lot less complicated than today's version with a lot less CGI, but a lot more enjoyable to watch, well, as far as I'm concerned. Someday, we'll have a whole CGI movie with computer-generated voices, put a lot of those multi-million dollar actors out of work
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
The predicted thunderstorm never showed. Temperature is a bit milder.
We went for a walk in the Arboetum today. One of the neighbours photoed a bluebird there a week ago. As we were leaving Dayle spotted something on top of one of the nesting boxes and it was the bluebird. She'd never seen one before.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
hi all . back to Tucson tomorrow to let podiatrist look at toe just a quick trip Icon_e_biggrin up and back.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and back to cool weather. 58 now and 62 with 30 mph winds later. Got 3/4 inch of much needed rain overnight.

Baseball tournament with great-grandkids yesterday. Started at 9 and finished about 5. I only made it til 3 and my back told me to go home after sitting in the bleachers for that long. Showered and sat down to watch the F1 race. Unfortunately cable went out about 10 laps from the end. It was still out at 11 when I went to bed. Came back on sometime overnight. Gym this morning is the only thing planned so far.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks

It is a dark 60 going up to 69 and looks like it could rain at any moment. I need to cover the outdoor furniture on the front patio before it does. Radar shows rain in Lancaster County to the west and Kent County, DE to the south heading this way.

After my running of trains on Friday I did not get much else done. Saturday, we ran some errands and moved a few things around the yard. Apparently, I pulled/strained a muscle in my chest and shoulder. I did find out until early Sunday morning when the pain woke me up. Took it easy yesterday. Helped the wife replant some bulbs. My daughter did the heavy lifting. I dug the holes without bending over. Today things feel better with only a small amount of pain left. Unfortunately no modeling got done.

I have a few chores around the house this morning. I need to run to PetSmart to get some supplies. I also need to run to the grocery store, but I may put that off until tomorrow. There is the pond filter that needs cleaning, but the rain may prevent me from doing that.

I hope to work on the cinder conveyor. I need to clean off the layout. Testing and running trains means there are quite a few cars, locos, and boxes strewn across the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery