The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, cannot believe that we're at yet another Friday again.  How quickly they come. I'm confused, they said we hit 100 on Wednesday, but the one site that plots past weather says we only hit 99. Whom an I to trust when they can't even agree on what did happen? So my forecast for the next few weeks will be, 'hot". How hot, go ask six weather folks and get six different answers.. I get it, if you have all this expensive weather equipment and computers, you don't want to just go the the NWS for their forecast, you need to justify having all that weather stuff and do the calculations yourself.

Really got to do my taxes today, I owe them money big time, and can't risk not getting this done early enough. Nothing else on the agenda for the day except heading to Brenda's Kitchen for breakfast.

Have a great day ya all.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and still cool for a while. 46 now headed for 64 this afternoon. No sign of the 70s until the end of next week.

Quiet day yesterday. Got the yard mowed and then a bike ride after supper when the wind died down. Quite a difference in the people who use the bike path during the day vs. those who walk/ride in the evening. Daytime people always at least say hi. Evening people act like you don't even exist, let alone dare to use "their" path. Gym this morning, bike ride this afternoon, and soccer at 5:30.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning folks

It is 55 and sunny. High is supposed to be 64 with a chance of showers.

The lawn guys came. They got here late because they are catching up on their backlog of work due to the recent stretch of rainy weather. They are due back today to finish mulching.

I got the pump and filter working in the fishpond. Did not do much else as I am trying to let my chest and shoulder muscles recover. Spent some time looking online for a new refrigerator. Found one at Home Depot but the earliest they can deliver is May 18th. Found almost the same on at a local appliance store but I can’t figure out their installation charges or if they will haul away the old unit. I am hoping to visit them sometime today.

I still did not make it to the basement for any modeling.

Besides the appliance store trip, I need to stop at the produce store. We hope to get the Easter decorations put away finally. I would like to rebuild the standing vegetable garden over the weekend.

I still have the cinder conveyor to build.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Worked yesterday.  Had more in person appeals than ever before.  Usually don't show up.  First day of hearings. 

54 and breezy. Cloudy and some off and on rain. Truck at Team Xtreme getting new starter. Dragging when hot. [I put the last one on 12yrs ago but not me this time] Wifey wants me to trade in Caddy and get new pickup. Sell the 97. We'll see. She doesn't drive Caddy. It let her down at 25 miles [new]. Haven't liked it since.

Being lazy.

Enjoy the day.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 41 at the moment headed for windy, rainy, and 56 this afternoon. Good day to get out and about early.

Not much to report form yesterday. Routine trip to the gym in the morning and a bike ride in the afternoon. Soccer was entertaining as always. Enthusiasm is much higher than skill at that level but always entertaining. Today is laundry day and possibly a walk in the rain this afternoon.

Frank - maybe time for a lemon law?

All stay safe.

Tom

56 which is up from 47 at 8 AM.

Slept good after meds and again meds at 3:30.

Wifey's garden show underway. undefined Always a disaster until done, Then all is well.

Have a good one.

Good morning everyone, just nice, hitting 100 or close, suppose to drop to the low 90's for a few days. Finally got the truck washed, looking now for rain that's not in anyone's forecast.

Frank, had a similar problem a few years ago, our new Pacifica choked out on the way home with less than 20 miles on it. Dealer kept it almost a month getting the right parts replaced. Had another issue with a transmission leak a few months later, another three weeks waiting for factory parts. Never really happy with it after that, something in the engine compartment was very noisy but "they all do that" was the dealer response. Drove it for three years, because it was the right vehicle to get my wife around or I would have gotten rid of it sooner. Yeah, there are Lemon Laws, I think if a vehicle has the same problem at least three times, or takes more than 30 days to fix the same problem, you have recourse.

Going to finish up my taxes today, for sure. I keep pushing it off and it's getting too close to the due date. I owe too much to risk a penalty for being late.

Take care and have a fun weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Some sun with a hi of 55 today. Too much rain, the yard is like a sponge and not enough sun and warm to dry it up.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning Big Blue.... Sunday, a day of rest and I plan on doing just that. Got my taxes done, just think I'll go to the bank tomorrow and get a check so I can mail them in. They say it takes longer if you do it this way, but then again, I owe them so I don't really care.

It's starting to warm up, it's just around 6:00 and we're almost at 70. No triple-digits for a few days, no rain in the forecast until later this month and the beginning of June. How they can see that far out is amazing..

Have a safe and peaceful day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 56 at the moment with a predicted high around 60. Got an inch of much needed rain overnight. Bonus light and sound show were included.

Got the laundry done yesterday morning. Just as I was getting ready to go for a walk (too windy/cold for a bike ride) my daughter called and we chatted for about an hour. By that time is was time for a shower and a Corona (not the virus). Watched a very good F1 race this morning. Just got off the phone with my son in Texas. He's looking for a riding mower. Took him over 2 hours to mow yesterday. New house sits on a half acre lot. He was sweating pretty good by the time he got done. It would be miserable/dangerous to mow when it gets really warm down there. Only plan I have for today is a bike ride after while.

All stay safe.

Tom

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY

83 and sunny. Church and then Daughter and Hubby was waiting for us when we returned. Out for a meal and a big visit. Finally gone.
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 44 headed for 60. Gradual warming trend for the week ahead. 70s (closer to normal) by the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. Went for a bike ride in the afternoon but the north wind was too much. Gave up after 8 miles. Will try again this afternoon. Gym this morning and a quick trip to Walmart for a card for a friend. Had her picture in the paper with her husband for their 35th anniversary. Baseball for great-grandson at 6 tonight.

While I was riding my bike yesterday I saw that gas price had dropped to $2.68. Came home and took the car to fill the tank. Wanted go t fill it before the price dropped any more.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, not a very exciting weekend, stayed home except for one trip to the Post Office and car wash. Just felt a bit drained of energy. Temps haven't been too bad so I can't blame the heat, low to mid-90's, but climbing as the week goes on. It was Mother's Day yesterday anyway, and I'm sure it was a bit crazy out there with folks being able to take their mom out to eat and not just to get carryout. Got word that our church may open in June to 100% with some social distancing, right now it's restricted to 25%. Still lots of folks wearing masks here, doctor's offices, medical facilities, government buildings, some stores and for sure, Walmart. Went up to the Cottonwood/Sedona area last week and probably less than 50% of the folks there had masks on. There were no "mask required" signs at the Walmart in Cottonwood like there are around here.

Heading out to breakfast in a few minutes, need to stop at the bank later to withdraw the government's share of my bank account. I did what I had to do to get my wife the proper care, and as a result, there's a huge tax debt that needs to be paid, huge for me, but just enough to keep the government running for one or two nanoseconds, if that.

Take care and have a great week...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is a chilly 49 heading up to 62. Not sure what happened to spring but then again this is Pennsylvania, the state with four seasons in one day.

We bought a new refrigerator. It will be here on Thursday unless our current one dies, and they will move the delivery up. I was able to get it at a family run store instead of a big box. Our last experience with a big box was not good. Paid for installation and the delivery people said they could hook up the refrigerator because we didn’t have the right kind of water line for the ice maker. My son and I hooked up the existing working line. We had a similar experience with a dishwasher. When we got the new dishwasher, I went with a small store. They came out and installed it no problem. When we had a problem with it, I called the store and they jumped on GE and GE sent a technician out the next day. Had to wait for parts but the dishwasher got fixed right the first time. I doubt a big box would have done that.

I finished the Cinder Conveyor and Ash Pit. I need to decide what is next. I am still waiting for my track order.

I have to run to the bank to move some money around to account for the new refrigerator. Then hit the grocery store and pharmacy.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
63 and rainy. Got a Gastro Dr. apt. for 12:45. That was fast [call a few ago]. Slept OK until 6:30. Red hots and egg for breakfast.

Have a good one.