The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Just got back from running errands. Gas price jumped from $2.68 to $2.84. Looks like I got it right yesterday when I filled the tank.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(05-10-2021, 08:17 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Just got back from running errands.  Gas price jumped from $2.68 to $2.84.  Looks like I got it right yesterday when I filled the tank.

Tom

Saw one station this morning went from $2.99 to $3.19 overnight. Gunna blame that pipeline hack even though it happened on the other side of the country. I'm sure more will follow.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning folks

It is a bright 52 but there is still a chill in the air. High is supposed to be 62 and there is an outside chance we could get a shower.

Yesterday was planned to be a catch up on chores around the house. Even though I worked like crazy for some reason today it seems like there are more than yesterday. If it warms up I need to clean the fishpond filter. I also have the raised vegetable planter to build.

I did the first layer of weathering on the Cinder Conveyor and the Water Tower. I hope to finish them today.

My son gets his second shot today and he is volunteering at the clinic. I will run him over later this morning. While I am out I will hit the pharmacy and the grocery store to get the things I forgot yesterday.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and downright chilly this morning. 34 and a predicted high in the low 60s.

Went to the gym yesterday and after swimming I was in the locker room chatting with a guy. Got dressed to come home instead of clothes to work out. When I realized it I decided to skip the workout rather than change clothes again. Started out on a bike ride at lunch time but clouds popped up and the wind picked up from the north making it downright cool. Only rode for a couple of miles and came home again. Went to a baseball game last night and about froze. Cold and windy. Not much planned for today. May go to Menards and look at some new flooring for the kitchen. Otherwise a bike ride this afternoon after it warms up.

All stay safe.

Tom

58 and partly cloudy. It can't figure out what it wants to do. Rain tonight and tomorrow?????

Lunch out and PT later.

Some folks are in panic mode over gas line shut down. Some are being cool headed. Price of gas at Sam's Club was same as last week. Some jumped 20 cents in an hour. Funny. NBC guy reporting from a terminal in VA. Tankers were rolling out behind him and others were filling. If no gas, no tankers moving.

Enjoy the day.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue
We have sun and 55 for today's high. Gradually warming each day this week.
I had the dreaded Roto-Rooter yesterday. Glad it's over and the results were good.
The prep is not pleasant but neither is colon cancer. So it's worth the one day of your life.
No train news, the guys are having trouble finding finish coats as Testers quit making some of theirs. Krylon is not always compatible with the RR paints being used.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all, some stations here holding, others jumping 20 cents overnight. Why? Problem has not affect on any west coast pipeline, just speaks of greed. Costco and Sam's Club both still around $2.85, others jumping to $3.19, with name brands going even higher.

Going to mail my taxes in today. Yeah, I said, "mail". So I'm in the minority that doesn't care to go one place to eFile and another to ePay, then repeat for the state. Just cut two checks, sign forms and mail. Let the governments worry about how to deal with them after that.

House cleaning today, top to bottom. No, not me, cleaning lady due here in a few minutes. Icon_rolleyes I am not physically nor mentally able to deal with cleaning, it's enough that I sweep the floor occasionally and do the laundry and run the dishwasher when I have to. So much strain on one person, there should be a law limiting how much a retiree should be forced to do on their own.

Take care, have fun today, I'm going to do my best as well,
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
S.J. and everyone
Decades ago my sister was having problems. But she could never drink the umpteen gallons of stuff to flush her our for the inspection. Finally during the run of her first paid performance as Mother Superior she collapsed. They took out a stretch of colon and a lot of other bits that she was finished with.

Our gas prices should be stable until the pipe under Mackinac is shut off.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 65 with only light winds today. Could be a really nice day.

I did go for my first 12 mile bike ride of the season. Very cold and I was glad when it was over. Went to Menards for a while yesterday just to get out of the house. Picked up a few things. Then remembered I needed to repair some track. Once I got started I realized there was about 9 feet that needed to be repaired. I'll also have to order some more tie strips. That's ok because I need some couplers to repair come of the train cars also. After that I put some outdoor bug spray on the yard. Really helps keep the bugs down while I'm out there. Otherwise a very quiet day.

Off to get my second shot at 8:30. Gym afterwards and maybe a bike ride this afternoon. Hopefully no side effects. I'll be glad to get this over with. May get the train out late this afternoon and get a fire started in the fire pit. Also need to order parts for the outdoor train.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everybody, really nice out yesterday, we could hit 100 today and the next few days, then back to below normal for a few more.  Still taking it easy for a while, seasonal allergies kicking up, lots of pollen in the air, and today we have a high pollution alert on top of that. Allergies, a gift from my ancestors along with a few other issues that I'd like to regift... Waiting

Lots of stations here jumped ten cents for no reason other than they can, others here holding steady at $2.99. No panic at the pump since there should be no shortage anywhere here in the West.

Decided not to do anything more on my challenge, I may start a second one, there's still a month left to get something done, I'm just not sure what yet.

Take care, stay safe and have a great day. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is a chilly 47 heading up to 65.

I hung a ne decoration in the master bathroom yesterday and took care of some laundry. I had to run my son over to the county clinic to get his second shot and volunteer at the clinic. That got a little crazy as his ride home did not work out so I had to go back and pick him up which messed up the rest of my afternoon plans.

I finished weathering the Water Tower and Cinder Conveyor. I played around with the engine terminal track layout. I still have not come up with anything that works.

I plan to pull and clean the fishpond filter once it warms up a bit. I have to make a tip to the pharmacy and grocery store. If there is time, I will pull out the parts for the raised vegetable planter and figure what I need. I need to find the coolers and get some ice for the stuff in the refrigerator so I can empty it tomorrow so it can be replaced.

If there is time, I will stare at the engine terminal track and ponder. Who knows maybe something will come to me. Maybe I should just start building something; passenger station, platforms, icehouse and platforms, or some rolling stock.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
50 and rainy. Slept till 8:30 [off and on]. Nothing till 1:30. Dermatologist and then Cardiologist. Lunch with ladies about Saria Leone is now a zoom this evening. Mom dislocated her shoulder in a fall and so we are doing zoom.

Gas shortage due to topping off and filling gas containers [no joke]. You don't normally see this volume of gas customers. I have a full tank of gas in pickup so going east tomorrow. Caddy has plenty and Wifey's car too. I grew up done east where everything was miles away. Parents taught me to keep at least a half of a tank of gas at all times. Wifey, I have to watch. She is a city girl and never understands. Hers filled last Sat. Caddy gets filled each time I am in Wake Forest as easy to go by Sam's Club. Didn't since lines have formed. Wifey was suppose to go to Gail's in Athens GA. this weekend. Canceled [to Wifey's pleasure].

Have a good one. 
My father had a practice with the gas tank. If the price was low, he'd keep the tank topped up every time he passed the station. If the price was above a certain point, he'd run the tank as low as he dared.
He did live three blocks from a station.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
41 degrees.  Fair. Overdosing on Tylenol Authritus. 

Off to the farms.

Strange. Dr.'s are scared to give you pain meds and sleep meds. Woke up at 3. Had Tylenol Authritus out waiting. Up at 5 as couldn't go back to sleep.

Later.
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 42 headed for sunny and 68. Rain chances move in this evening ans stays til early next week.

No after effects so far from the second shot yesterday. Quick in and out same as last time. I was one of the last for the day. They were folding tables up shortly after I got my shot. After that I went to the gym. After lunch started out to ride the bike, planned on doing 12 miles again. Certain parts of my body said "No Way!" I wisely listened to it and came home after 7. Cleaned the two windows in the living room and then got the trains out. Ran it for over an hour then came in for supper. Went back out after supper and started it up again. Also started a fire in the pit and didn't come back in until almost 9. Had to get a quick shower as I smelled like smoke.

Off to great-grandson's school play. He plays Paddington. Looking forward to it. After that I need to stock up on the low calorie dinners again. Seems to be working. Down to the point where I can safely throw the jeans in the dryer again. Gas price jumped a dime yesterday while I was at the gym. $2.84 when I went in and $2.94 afterwards.

All stay safe.

Tom