The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, was suppose to hit 100 yesterday, don't know for sure if it did. It's right up there regardless. Same goes for the next few days. Going to try to go target shooting on Monday, the forecasts call for high 80's, should be nice out there.

Frank, getting pain and sleep meds here is a real pain. I'm sure lots of states have this same law, but regardless of how many days your prescription is for, they can only give you five days worth the first time here, and 30 days for a refill. Skip a month and you have to start over again. Need to show ID, even if they know you. Got out of surgery, doctor says to take these for a week, they only gave me five days worth, do I have to go back and ask them for the other two days worth or just forget about it? It's tough thanks to addicts and dealers taking advantage of the system. Same goes for some OTC drugs that they use to make other drugs with, no longer on the shelf but are behind the counter and limited.

So much for rambling on, but one more thing, ever try to open a sealed bottle of medicine when you're not feeling good? it's tough most times, even when you're feeling OK. Waiting 

Take care, and take it easy, it's almost the weekend again.... Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hello Blue
We are heading for 70 today.
Gas here is plentiful but at $2.89.
We did a few yard things this morning.
Enjoyed the warmth of the sun. A nice weekend approaching.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 at the moment. Weather service has dialed back the amount of rain we're supposed to get. Yesterday they were predicting a half to three quarter of an inch for today. Now they're only saying maybe a quarter inch. High for today only in the upper 50s.

Had a pretty decent day yesterday. Play was lots of fun and my great-grandson was the star of the show. ? Well, maybe not but he was pretty good. After lunch I fixed a problem with some concrete pavers in front of the lawn shed. After that went for a 12 mile bike ride and then mowed the yard. After that was a shower and a Corona (not the virus). While I was in the grocery store yesterday I noticed a lady putting two 24 packs of beer in her cart. I said "It looks like someone is having a party. Am I invited?" She looked up and I could see she was smiling behind her mask as she said "Maaaybe."

Not much going on today. Shoulder is more sore today than yesterday so swimming and working out are off the table. Maybe a walk in the rain this afternoon. In yesterday's mail I got a flyer for an updated quote on homeowner's insurance addressed to my wife. There was actually an e-mail address for a local agent. I wrote to him and suggested that since my wife had been gone for 6 years and had not investigated homeowner insurance for the year prior due to treatment that maybe they should update their records. The guy actually replied and said he would take care of it.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, happy Friday, it is Friday again isn't it???? It hit 100 yesterday for only the fourth time this year. Been pleasant enough so far, just waiting for the other shoe to drop....

Tom, a lot of that is computer-generated to the point that the agents or senders don't even know. I just had to do the same thing with my mortgage lender, the one that I just did a "single man", refi with and knows that my wife passed last year, yet an automatic "Happy Birthday" was sent. He apologized and I'm sure, was a bit embarrassed. But, after six years, you have to wonder if anyone is paying attention.

Got two itty-bitty woodworking projects. One has to do with modeling. I got the idea from someone here that said they attached a bag to their work table to catch those little things that tend to drop off and get lost. I'm going to build a slide-out "crumb catcher" tray, just slides out enough and hope to catch any parts that might otherwise hit the floor and disappear. Next, I'm going to try to build a bubble that will cover the entire workbench and catch those parts that go "SPROOONGGGG" as they fly off your tweezers, never to be found. Kind of like Agent 86's Cone of Silence. Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is a very nice 63 on its way to 72.

Yesterday the new refrigerator came. The delivery people were nice and very good. A couple of things had to be moved out of the way we did expect. They were very nice about it and moved them. Glad I went with a local store and not a big box. Based on past experience the big box guys would have been, “No my job. I can’t move it.” When they were moving the refrigerator back into place, we heard a hissing sound and knew that was not good. The water line snapped. They cut off the bad section and installed a new fitting for no charge. Again, glad I went local. The big box guys would have told us to call a plumber.

Needless to say no trains yesterday.

Today I want to give the planter a fresh coat of paint. I also have the radiator cover for the master bathroom to paint.

I am still deciding what to do next with the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
I SLEPT good last night. Fred reminded me of something. Benadryl. At first, lots of energy and then bang. Took two.

Jumped from 42 to 70 degrees. Sunny.

Out to set out garden. Hope the chest holds out. This constant burping is a mess.
Wifey is going to help.

Bear destroyed feeder again.  We have a plan.  Big pine tree next to it.  Going to mount it to the tree 8' off the ground.  Bolt top on as bears can climb trees.  If she pushes over pine tree, we have a problem.  

Have a good one.  
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Tom: We have had some mail for the fellow whose estate we bought the house from (8 years ago last month). If they are local businesses I call them to take him off the mailing list. Bigger ones just get binned or forwarded to his son.
At the previous house we were still getting annual flyers for the daughter of the man we bought it from -- after 20 years.

We had a little hike yesterday along the Guelph Radial trail. Former Interurban line, abandoned in 1931. Went to where it met the Guelph Junction Rly (City owned) and heard a train on the way back but there was too much growth between us. Spotted an interesting piece of stuff and deduced that it was the top (and more) of a line pole from the interurban. Nearly tripped over a surveyor's stake in the roadbed.
We gave each other haircuts today -- I did not trim too much off her bangs this time and then I did my beard. I'll be suffering from the short and pricklies until bath on Monday.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning all, Saturday, got an extra hour of sleep, usually do. I don't take naps, at my age I should, so instead I just slow down a bit. It should be a bit cooler today, mid-90's, then into the 80's for a few days. Even some snowbirds are hanging around a bit longer.

Bouncing between a woodworking project for the house and my challenge II. I'm taking it easy in between, so that's my weekend plans.

Starting to get wildfires, seems like all of them so far have been started by careless folks. Most are just a few hundred acres, one was over 5,000 acres.  They just concluded that three large ones last year were the responsibility of people they ID'd, but are not going to charge them for their carelessness. The newscast even showed how each one got started and the extent of the damage. Waiting Years ago, we had a huge fire started by a firefighter so that he'd be called up, and paid, to fight it. 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Slightly hazy and 54 at the moment headed for lots of sun and 75 this afternoon. So sayeth the National Weather Service.

Much different than last evenings soccer weather. 50s, cloudy, and windy. Darn near froze. Had the heater on high all the way home. Didn't get enough rain for a fun walk in the rain. I did get in a bike ride in the morning. Not much else accomplished. Laundry today (second load already in the washer). Then soccer at noon and 1:30. That will end the soccer season but baseball will continue until the end of the month.

Don and David - I realize that mailing list can be quite old. I still get the occasional flyer addressed to my daughter using her maiden name. She's been married for 32 years. Not even sure why I did it. It just irked me for some reason. Three days after my wife died I got new insurance cards and a policy change notice from my car insurance company reflecting my new status as a single male. A week later I got a birthday card for my wife from the same people. Go figure.

Gas prices continue their craziness. After jumping a dime on Wed. to $2.94 they dropped yesterday to $2.79.

All stay safe.

Tom

72 and sunny. Slept till 8:15. Not as solid as night before but better than weeks.

Not much on agenda.

Garden planted yesterday looks good as was watered good after planting.

Wifey gone to get fresh matters at Farmers' market in Raleigh.

Bologna, egg and cheese on hamburger bun.

Enjoy the day.
Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 52 outside my window this morning. The fog is supposed to lift by 9 but the clouds will remain with a high in the low 70s (maybe).

Got most of the laundry done when I noticed the basement drain is running slow again. Ran a 50 foot snake down with no luck. I'll have to call the plumber again on Monday. I may have to wind up replacing the sewer line. While I'm at it I may as well replace the water line which is decades old and 3/4 inch galvanized pipe. Probably not much more than a pencil still open. I would guess I'll be looking at the high 4 figures to get that done.

Not much planned for today other than a bike ride later this afternoon. I considered taking my drone down by the river to get some shots of the rr trestle in the fog but the wind is picking up making the small lightweight drone difficult to fly. Trestle is a half mile long and 140 feet over the river.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, Sunday, a day for church and a day of rest. Suppose to stay in the 80's today and tomorrow, good time to go shooting. Depends on whether I can get someone to go with me tomorrow, I'll find out today.

I got my kitchen project finished, something that normally would take me a couple of hours, took a few days. Not continuously working, but work a little, rest a little. That's my life. I just added an appliance shelf that really only took a few minutes to build, but I spent more time trying to match the finish to the rest of the cabinets which meant drying times between coats and lots of sanding in between. Also gave me
time to work on my challenge II, slow, but progressing.

No gas lines here except at Costco, which is normal, things seem to be holding steady, most stations now at $3.19. brand named ten cents higher. Costco and Sam's Club holding at around $2.84/5 Need to fill up there before we go shooting. I may renew my Sam's Club membership, got an offer, sign up for $45, get $45 store credit. I really like Costco better, just that it's a madhouse trying to shop there.

Take care, have a peaceful and restful day, that's my plan. Icon_cool
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Well after having some very nice days today is cloudy with a Hi of 68 in the forecast.
We did get some garden prep done and a few outdoor things ready for summer.
Club meet coming up Saturday. Indoors but in a large commercial building with overhead doors we can leave open. Plenty of ventilation.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
75 and some clouds. [was sunny earlier] 10:30 Church instead of 9 AM Church. Wifey finally caught on. Its too much of a rush with animals, breakfast and coffee to drive to 9 AM service. Now water some garden. Wifey cooking fresh veggies from State Farmers' Market.

Hope all have a great week ahead.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy this morning and it's supposed to stay that way all day. High in the low 70s. 57 right now.

Pretty slow day yesterday. I did get some windows cleaned upstairs. Found out the trips to the gym are paying off. I was able to handle the 28' extension ladder with little problem. Last year I had a difficult time with it. Need to run to Walmart this morning for a couple of things. Also need to call the plumber about the floor drain.

All stay safe.

Tom