The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 17 at the moment. It was 11 when I got up an hour ago. High for today is predicted to be in the low to id 30s.

Got a call last Friday claiming to be working with my financial advisor. Wanted me to make some changes. I told her to have my financial advisor call me. I was expecting that by the end of the call she would want my SSN and credit card "just to verify my identity." Turn out she was legit. I need top stop by my advisor's office after the gym this morning to sign a form. Not much else on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone. Did get to go target shooting yesterday. The "road" from the highway to the shooting area  gets worse and worse. I put road in quotes because it really is a trail where others have driven around bushes to keep from driving through the deep ruts that seem to get deeper even though we haven't had rain for a few months now. Others have cut alternate paths that are getting just as bad. We also have to contend with ATV's and dirt bikes doing wheelies and donuts, adding a lot more ruts and bumps. There was a man with three large dogs there when we drove in, the area he was at was really messy from those shooters that sneak in late and leave their trash behind. When we left, he was gone and so was the trash, I'd really like to find him and shake his hand.

Temps are starting to drop into the 70's today and it looks like the 60's for the rest of the week with rain for a few days.

Got a busy day today and tomorrow, not sure if I'll get to my structure kit. I was reading the directions, the roof is a piece of styrene "trim to fit", it says. Gee, for most kits the roofs are already molded to size, does this mean it could vary in size depending on how you put the walls together? Nope Why not put it in the kit already cut to fit?

Have a great and peaceful day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Woke to 20 degrees this morning. It will soar to 27 this afternoon. 
No train news.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang

Clear and cool this morning at 10 degrees. Supposed to get to the low 30s today and mid 40s tomorrow. Then Friday gets ugly with rain and snow possible.

Final total on the bike is 1550.2 miles for 2021. Tomorrow I'll be putting the bikes and the grill in the shed and getting out the snow blower which will need an oil change and lube. Not much planned for today. Waiting for a Menards rebate to do some shopping.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning
       We have a dusting of snow and to remain cool all day but it is supposed to be in the 60's Saturday with rain. 
I get the splint off tomorrow morning. It  has done it's job limiting movement. 
Tom, I am impressed with your mileage for the year. My cousin did over 1000 which is good forr him because he still works. 
Just going to take it easy. Days is late to the forum this AM. It is unusual that I beat him.
Charlie
Good morning everyone, really cloudy here but no rain yet. The powers to be moved that to Thursday. If it doesn't rain on Thursday, they'll blame it on someone changing the date again.

Been hearing lots of planes flying overhead the past few days, most are F16's or F35's from Luke AFB, and that's a good thing, they are there to lean how to protect us. The others are helicopters heading to the hospital not far from the house, that's not so good. A lot of jets leaving close to the same time usually means that a squadron has finished their training and are headed home. We wish them well and thank them for what they do.

Got a bunch more stuff to do today, so I'll off for now. Everyone have a great day, still prayers for Tom's wife and for my granddaughter who is having a "procedure" today.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 32 and I just had a light shower move through. Mid to upper 40s by this afternoon.

Not much happened around here yesterday. This morning I'll be heading to Ames (about an hour away) to visit with a dermatologist. This afternoon I'll be putting away the grill and bikes and getting out the snow blower. Also need to grease it and change the oil. Then this evening I'll be attending a concert for one of the great-grandkids.

I may not be done with the bike riding. Looking at the long range forecast there are predictions for 50s and 60s for next week. With the high precision we have come to expect from the NWS I'm sure I'll be able to ride some more.

Charlie - that's quite impressive mileage consider he works.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everybody, temps here dropping to just about average and probably won't get into to 70's for a while. Rain forecast for this evening and tomorrow morning. Been waiting, the truck is really dusty from going out into the desert on Monday. Nothing on my schedule for today, need to work on one of my guns that has been a problem. Other than that, I think I'll have time to work on my "hotel" structure. It is going to be a hotel with a twist, that's all I'm saying for now.

Gas prices dropping nationwide except here. Costco and Sam's Club are down to $3.39, but all others still up there at $3.79. Just have to wonder now, who's doing the price gouging. Did see on the news where they're saying that a lot of large retailers are raising prices above what they need to just to make up for what they didn't make during the shutdown.

Take care and stay safe and don't do anything crazy. That's what the lady at Lowe's said to me this morning. I think she had one too many cups of coffee, just a tad hyper... 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 at the moment and it's supposed to get to 36 later today with some rain and snow mixed. As of yesterday we were supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow today and another 2-3 inches tonight. Thanks to all my efforts yesterday I'm only expecting a half inch today and 1-3 tonight.

What's that, you say? How did Tom save the town for snow? Very simple, my friends. I got the snow blower out, changed the oil, lubed the auger, and test fired it. Also got the bikes and grill put in the shed. I left the good bike in front as I may get a chance to ride it again next week.

Also went to the dermatologist in Ames. She took a sample of a funny growth on my ear. I'll get results of that next week. Also did some shopping and Got several things cleared off of my long term list.

Last night I attended a concert for my great-grandson. Lots of fun. Nothing major on the agenda for today. Gym this morning and that's about it.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
First day of sun in about a week. 47 today, 60 tomorrow but with a price. High winds and rain.
Not much going on. My wife has started making Christmas cookies though. And of course the tree is up and shines bright at night.
She also did some grocery shopping yesterday on her way to bowling. I offered to take her but she got er done.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all, well it did get a bit wet last night. Some areas on the east side got close to 3/4", we wound up with .04", barely over a trace. Temps not going over the mid-60's 'cause it snowed up north, the first of the season. Been skiing up there for a while, only on man-made snow.

Going to take it easy this weekend, no real goals, just going to wing it.

Take care, have a safe and fun-filled weekend....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good evening folks

It has been an up and down week. The wife is feeling slightly better. Her breathing for the most part has been better but last night she had a spell after coming upstairs to get ready for bed. We did go out for breakfast yesterday which iwas the first time in months. Today has not been a good day with more spells than not. I have been working on Christmas decorations. Usually by now we would be done but this year I have not had the time to commit to doing everything at once. This weekend the plan is to get the tree up and decorated.

My son got his Covid booster today which means the entire family is boosted. My dauhgter is currenlty making Christmas cookies. Tomorrow she and her boyfriend will be ging into Philadelphia to go to the Christmas Village. Normally we would go to Christkindlemarkt in Behtlehem but given the wife's inability to walk for long distance we will skip it this year. Looking for some drive thru Christmas light displays to visit. There is one in Bucks County we went to years ago, we may try to go depending on the weather.

I got one track ballasted. I plan on doing the other this weekend. I need to paint the foam board foundations black and once the balllast is dry put them in place.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

27 and cloudy headed for 34 and sunny. Looks like about 2 inches of snow so while I didn't save the city entirely of snow I did reduce the amount we received. Original prediction was for up to 6 inches.

As I was entering the gym yesterday I heard someone say hello. It was a long time friend (40+ years) whom I hadn't seen for a while. I forgot about the gym and we went an had a coffee and talked for about an hour. She has already lost one of her sons to a seizure when he was about 16. Now her daughter has ALS and her other son has MS. We talked about that but I would occasionally steer the conversation elsewhere just to give her a mental break for what she has to deal with.

Basketball on the agenda for today. Games start at 9:30 and last through probably around 2:30. Also requiring my attention are laundry and running the snow blower.

Tom - I hope the doctors can resolve your wife's medical struggle.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, Saturday, sleep-in as usual. Just nothing scheduled for today so I see no reason to hop out of bed early, as usual. Still have not gotten back to my structure kit, maybe today. Just too much other stuff going on. Just spent what felt like an eternity on the phone to get my cell phone provider to fix whatever was needed so I could log onto my account. Took the best part of a day to get them to realize it was their problem, but to their credit, it was working by the next morning. I now have a different password that I have no chance of remembering making it about my 9, 999,999th different password of which I can remember two if I'm lucky. Fortunately, my browser remembers most of them.

Got over a foot of snow up at the Snow Bowl outside of Flagstaff, and the ski resort up in the White Mountains. I don't go up there in the winter, no need to, I don't ski and I don't like the cold. We were in the mid-60's here yesterday and I wore a jacket when I went out. It looks like that it'll be that way through at least the end of the year. Winter has come to paradise.

Prayers for those affected by the tornadoes, really bad stuff happening there.

Take care and have a good weekend....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 32 at the moment headed for sunny and 42 today and tomorrow. Upper 40s Tuesday and 60s (they claim) on Wed.

Basketball games got delayed by an hour yesterday due to weather but all went well. Watched a very controversial F1 race this morning. There will be arguments for years about who won. That's pretty much the extent of my agenda for today. Lots of goofing off planned.

All stay safe.

Tom