My version of "Vollmer's" 3739 cathedral kit
Hi everyone, well I thought I could share with you my version of this "Vollmer" cathedral kit no. 3739
I changed mine a bit from the kit's original design. Trying to give mine a slate roof without the dormers.
Also adding some LED lighting into it.

I even built a temporary cardboard diorama so I could photograph my version of this cathedral on, here's how that looked.

I really built this temporary scene to photograph this cathedral at night.
Here are a few of the photographs that I was able to achieve as a result.
I hope you enjoy them!
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to All!

Greg
That is beautiful Greg, the lighting is superb. Your temporary diorama makes a great presentation. Thanks for sharing. Applause Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I agree...the lighting is perfect.  Very nicely-done!! Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Don & Wayne, thanks for your interest in this, and also for your kind comments!
Beautiful work, Greg. Also, the snow in the low lighting is spot on.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Excellent!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thank you for sharing this beautiful scene Greg---perfect timing---Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.
Greg, that knocks my socks off, both day and night but I love the cathedral lit up.  I would love a tutorial on how you achieved the wonderful effects.
Charlie
Tom, Mike, cn nutbar & Charlie, thanks so much for your interest & for your kind comments!
Charlie, I would be happy to share with you some of the techniques that I used on this cathedral, however I did not photograph any of my steps this time around.
I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you might have.

Greg
Very nicely done.  Applause Applause Applause  

It reminds me the roof of the St-Stefan Cathedral in Vienna.  Just hope you didn’t have to make it tile after tile.

Merry Christmas.
Guy from Southern Quebec.
Guy, thanks for your nice comments! The roof tiles come in sheets from "North Eastern Lumber"
Joyeux Noel!

Greg