MR going all digital?
Got an e-mail from Kalmbach today saying that effective today as long as you have a subscription to the print edition we can also get the digital version through Zinio.  I'm wondering if this is the first step in eliminating the print edition altogether.  Several years ago I had a computer magazine subscription that shifted to all digital through Zinio.  The interface was klunky and slow.  Maybe they've improved it by now.  In any event, I prefer to have the print version.

Here's the e-mail:

We are excited to announce the digital edition of Model Railroader magazine will now be included with your print subscription!

The April 2021 issue will be live on our partner’s site, [u]Zinio.com[/u], this Friday, February 19. If you do not already have an account with Zinio using this email address, go to [u]Zinio.com[/u] and create an account now. When the issue becomes available, you will receive an email from Zinio providing a link to your Zinio library to view the digital issue.
undefined
If you have not already registered on any of our websites, go to [u]ModelRailroader.com[/u] and register now. When you are registered and logged in to the site, you will be able to access online subscriber benefits, such as:
Track Plan Database
Cody’s Office Videos
And more!

We hope you enjoy this exciting new benefit of your subscription! We look forward to bringing you even more of the content you love, both inside the magazine and on the website.

Enjoy!

The Model Railroader Team

P.S. Coming soon, the [u]ModelRailroader.com[/u] website will have a new home on [u]Trains.com [/u]– the one destination for modeling how-to and railroad history and news. With the relaunch of Trains.com, print magazine subscribers like you will be able to access the digital edition of Model Railroader magazine as part of their subscription right from the website! You’ll also get early access to every new issue before the print issue arrives! We’ll let you know as soon as the new site is ready.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
MR going all digital? - by FiatFan - 02-19-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: MR going all digital? - by tompm - 02-19-2021, 11:52 PM
RE: MR going all digital? - by nachoman - 02-20-2021, 01:03 AM
RE: MR going all digital? - by ezdays - 02-20-2021, 07:15 AM
RE: MR going all digital? - by Tyson Rayles - 02-20-2021, 08:00 AM
RE: MR going all digital? - by Charlie B - 02-20-2021, 08:56 AM
RE: MR going all digital? - by ezdays - 02-21-2021, 08:20 AM
RE: MR going all digital? - by Carolina Northern - 02-21-2021, 10:08 AM
RE: MR going all digital? - by ezdays - 02-21-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: MR going all digital? - by Mountain Man - 03-12-2021, 04:16 PM
RE: MR going all digital? - by nachoman - 02-21-2021, 10:49 PM