Those who plan on entering the 2021 challenge
I have no idea what, but count me in.
Charlie
(03-18-2021, 03:04 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: That looks like they may have re-built it as a scale test car, Jim.

Wayne

could be Wayne but have a old plastic varny two bay hopper i just haven't been able to trash first photo is blowup on hopper doors 

this one I tried to get the writing cleared up  still can't make it out except that it has a date of 3/02/81 .

still would make a great car to include in consist once in a while .
Jim
Great Northern apparently had at least five of those cars, which were originally open hoppers, like this one...

...but converted them into covered hoppers, either before or after, cutting them down in height, for use as sand cars...

Wayne
I've update the list of participants, we've got 10 so far, two who are ambitious enough to do two challenges.

There's still plenty of room for more, so come on, join in, the challenge starts in a few days.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
"so come on, join in, the challenge starts in a few days. "

Pressure, pressure, pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhggggggggggggggg!!!!!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(03-28-2021, 07:42 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: "so come on, join in, the challenge starts in a few days. "

Pressure, pressure, pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhggggggggggggggg!!!!!

Sit down, take a few deep breaths then sip on something cool. Just not too cold, brain freeze is not good right before a challenge... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just in case someone is shy or a bit of a slow starter, we have just a few days over a month left in our challenge, enough time to start one if you're up to the task. If you've been thinking about joining us, now's the time, don't wait, do something simple, just do something.....

2296_ 2296_ 2296_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I have just discovered this forum a few days ago. Is it still time to register?  In fact, when I discovered this forum it gave me the idea to challenge myself on a project I had for 18 years now.  For me it would be just a challenge, to do something in a limited time, not a contest.  Who wants to contest against Doctorwayne anyway?
Guy from Southern Quebec.
Guy, the Challenge is still open, but ends on June 20th.  Here's a LINK to the "rules".

I'm certainly no threat to anyone in this Challenge, as I've completed only 5 of the passenger/head-end cars which were to be my first Challenge.  There are another 11 cars to be done, most of which are very close to scratchbuilds.

Part 2 of my Challenge was to modify some tenders into MoW cars.  They might get finished in time, but like all the Challenges in which I've participated over the years, I'll keep working on both projects until they're completed.  If neither is done by the deadline, I won't likely get any votes, which is okay by me, as my main reason for signing up was to get myself motivated to do something. 

As it turns out, I've spent more time on working on other things around the house and outdoors, too.

Feel free to join in, Guy...there's no entry fee, and no penalties for failing to finish, and not much in the way of prizes, either...the point is literally to DO SOMETHING!! (and have fun doing so, too.)

Wayne
I'm afraid I have too many other irons in the fire right now. I do have a project in mind but doubt I can start much less finish by the deadline. Also it is now golf season again and after spending toooooo much time indoors all winter I want to be outside as much as possible before next winter gets here. It seems the older I get the longer winter seems and the shorter summer seems. I would love to find a place a lot warmer than here but had the low crime rate, lack of traffic congestion and low cost of living this area has. Plus has a dream part-time job like I have here and be close to my son and one grandson like here. Of course that place doesn't exist so I guess I won't be moving. Nope   Icon_rolleyes  Dodgy
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Well Mike, if you love golf, I have the perfect place for you. We have folks playing 24/7/365 with lots of P/T jobs open. As for the cost of living, that used to be great until we had all those Californians migrating our way. Besides, with our never-ending golf season, I doubt that you'd have time for model railroading. Best you stay where you are.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just as a reminder, tomorrow is the last day of this challenge. After that, I will open a voting thread where we can all pick our favorites. We have a good number of entries, a few have said they couldn't complete their challenge, a few others might not get all the way through, but I will include all challenges, finished or not, in the voting list and let the members decide. After all, this is a "do something" challenge, and everyone that entered did something..............

To be fair, the voting will be open-ended, in that you can vote for as many or as few entries as you want. Vote for everyone if that's your wish. As is our usual, I will email a certificate to the top three in the voting poll.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'm happy I started 3 and made progress an 3. Thanks for the reminder - I have a few updates to post.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
ohh gosh, I have some updates to put up too Icon_e_surprised  Icon_e_biggrin  , already have the shots, just have been to busy to post Icon_redface , will get it done today though.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Today is the day to finish up those last minute details to count in this challenge. All threads will remain open so you can add follow-ups anytime, and we'd like to see what's happening beyond this challenge.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and