ezdays 2021 do something challenge
(04-30-2021, 10:27 AM)ezdays Wrote: .....There is a tiled area in back that we might convert to outdoor dining once the weather warms up.

Well, Don, you did tell us about how it warms up in Arizona, so I'm guessing that the kitchen staff won't need to do more than simply load up the plates, and by the time the wait staff gets it out to the patio, it'll all be cooked and ready to eat.

I'd suggest, though, that customers don't order a beer with their meal, as the alcohol in it may burst into flames before it reaches the customer....I know, I know...it's a dry heat.

Wayne
(04-30-2021, 12:55 PM)doctorwayne Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 10:27 AM)ezdays Wrote: .....There is a tiled area in back that we might convert to outdoor dining once the weather warms up.

Well, Don, you did tell us about how it warms up in Arizona, so I'm guessing that the kitchen staff won't need to do more than simply load up the plates, and by the time the wait staff gets it out to the patio, it'll all be cooked and ready to eat.

I'd suggest, though, that customers don't order a beer with their meal, as the alcohol in it may burst into flames before it reaches the customer....I know, I know...it's a dry heat.

Wayne

We were actually debating somewhere in October to open outdoor dining. We know all about the warm beer exploding, especially in cans, there was the infamous food fight of '02 that drew national attention to this. lobbing cans of beer like they were hand grenades. Crazy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Couto's don but afraid your not the first to do this .  Misngth

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-30-2021, 07:16 PM)jim currie Wrote: Couto's don but afraid your not the first to do this .  Misngth

I didn't think it was an original idea. There's a diner up in Flagstaff called, "Late for the Train", I think they are using a caboose as well. I've got about 25 more cabooses, I was thinking about franchising. Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(04-30-2021, 08:09 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 07:16 PM)jim currie Wrote: Couto's don but afraid your not the first to do this .  Misngth

I didn't think it was an original idea. There's a diner up in Flagstaff called, "Late for the Train", I think they are using a caboose as well. I've got about 25 more cabooses, I was thinking about franchising. Goldth

well with that many open a motel Misngth this one is back east called the red caboose motel .
Jim

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-30-2021, 09:06 PM)jim currie Wrote: well with that many open a motel Misngth this one is back east  called the red caboose motel .
Jim

Great idea, just that the ROI wouldn't be too good, most of my potential travelers are comfy in their own little plastic bin. Franchising would be more profitable, plus, each franchisee would have to take one of my cabooses. I haven't a clue how I would up with all those. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Your caboose diner is looking good! If you want more to make a no-tell motel let me know and I'll send you some.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(05-01-2021, 08:32 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Your caboose diner is looking good! If you want more to make a no-tell motel let me know and I'll send you some.

I think 25 would be more than enough to do a motel, thank you very much anyway. As far as "no-tell", who knows what goes on in that plastic bin at night.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
You could install a security camera! Big Grin
Mike

(05-02-2021, 06:36 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: You could install a security camera!  Big Grin

These days one has to be careful about an invasion of privacy lawsuit. Besides, these little guys don't ask for much, just a place to rest while waiting to be picked for the next great scene. Misngth I've not heard one complaint about co-mingling in just one bin. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
If they try to sue you just remind them who controls the magnifying glass! Big Grin
Mike

(05-03-2021, 04:02 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: If they try to sue you just remind them who controls the magnifying glass! Big Grin

Yeah, a magnifier, a bit of sun and...POOF.... Icon_e_surprised Lose more good little people that way.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
The caboose Diner is Awesome Don! Applause  Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Thanks Deano, the food there isn't bad either, just that the portions are a bit small.. Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
All right, I think I'm done fooling around with this challenge. Here are a few shots to  prove it. My challenge is restricted to the freight and passenger stations and the diner. The only changes that I anticipate is the change out some of those vehicles for some that look a bit, or a lot, more realistic.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and