tompm's 2021 Do Something Challenge
Looking good Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Tom,

a big big Thumbsup

Lutz
The building looks great, Tom, but I think that the tilt on the smokejacks detracts from the overall appearance.

I'd suggest either cutting off the base at a suitable angle or removing them and inserting an appropriate wedge on the lower side, so that they're truly vertical.

Wayne
(04-19-2021, 11:18 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: The building looks great, Tom, but I think that the tilt on the smokejacks detracts from the overall appearance.

I'd suggest either cutting off the base at a suitable angle or removing them and inserting an appropriate wedge on the lower side, so that they're truly vertical.

Wayne

I noticed them after I sealed the weathering. When they were attached they were straight so I am not sure what happened. I plan to fiddle with some to see what caused the tilt and what I can do about it.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
You might try using a sheet of roadbed material that is big enough to hold up the engine shed as well.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I think I got the smokestacks straightened out (pun intended). The way they are designed if you are not careful they will slide and tilt as the glue is drying. I roughed up the bottoms with a file and held them against a level until the glue held them in place.

(04-19-2021, 07:37 PM)BR60103 Wrote: You might try using a sheet of roadbed material that is big enough to hold up the engine shed as well.

That is what I was thinking.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
I need to get a final photo posted.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
At last the final photos after I fixed the smokestacks.

[Image: vHzqRvn.jpg]

[Image: xsGJeb6.jpg]
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Much better! Applause Applause Applause 

Wayne