Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged
Hello,

next to tackle were the missing brake shoes of the T-12:

[Image: dsc04044a8jmt.jpg]
In one of my grab boxes there were some brass castings of shoes of suitable size. Long ago they were made by Fuchs for Bavarian Lokalbahn locos and not so long ago some guy offered these and other stuff out of the assets on e-bay and i purchased them. Then not really knowing what to with it. Here the puzzle joint together.
The brake shoes for the middle and rear drivers were drilled with 0.5mm and soldered onto the ends of 0.5mm brass wire. And this to the bottom plate. The brake shoes for the first pair of drivers required some creative solution. Here the shoes were drilled with 0.8mm and soldered onto such wire. The wire has had to be bend this shape to place the brake shoes were they belong to.

[Image: dsc040482zktv.jpg]
I presume this is the first time a Westside H0n3 was equipped with brake shoes. Definitely it looks better.

[Image: dsc04049v1kzc.jpg]
There you have to deal with fractions of millimeters to avoid shorts on the insulated side. The brake shoe of the middle driver had to be resolderd for repositioning it to became free of shorting out.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread
Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by testone - 07-11-2021, 07:36 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by testone - 07-27-2021, 10:42 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by TMo - 11-19-2022, 11:02 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by tompm - 02-24-2024, 05:41 PM