Weekly Photo Fun 7/30 - 8/6/2021
Hello,

this time a link to a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02DoB1AUzno
A cab ride on board a electric locomotive through the Rhine Valley, Germany's Grand Canyon. The real fun starts at about 45:00 when the train departs Bingen Hauptbahnhof. A lot of medival castles and small towns to be seen. Most of the castles in ruins, but some rebuilt to old glory and other stuff like the famous Loreley Rock can be seen too. If you like and have one hour time to spend, watch that video. 
Enjoy

Lutz
YPMA-02 has pulled a string of loaded cars from the Flying Fish Brewery shipping warehouse.  It is now doing a run around move so it can push the cars into Mannheim Yard.

Bruce

Thanks for that cab ride, Lutz...that's the longest one I've ever had.

Some nice scenery and some very interesting structures, too, so I didn't glance to the right, simply to avoid being lured into the Rhine - I swim like an anvil tied to a big rock.

I'm curious as to the train's speed - except for that one car, fairly late in the ride, the train was passing everything on the nearby roads.

Wayne
Thanks for posting the cab ride. I really enjoyed it. Puts me in mind of the one Steinjr posted back in 2009 - Bergen to Oslo. Over 7 hours long. I have it stored in several places just to make sure I can keep it. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with a copy.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
How about a little Alco action for this weeks contribution...
[Image: wU7iZ0K.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Cool cab ride. It going to take me a couple of nights to finish.

Bruce - Nice scene.

Deano - Always nice to see ALCO's.

How about a little spark? SEPTA AEM-7 by Atlas with a Walthers 85 FT Commuter Coach.

[Image: ijHnLYY.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello Lutz---I finally had a chance to watch the entire video---I thoroughly enjoyed the ride---thanks for sharing.
Alco-Schenectady 1928 Central Vermont T3A #707

[Image: 51308107249_4a8e4485e5_k.jpg]P1440052 (2) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Southbound at Rymal Rd.

Southbound at Rymal Station