Weekly Photo Fun 11/26/2021
A pair of patched units pull a freight past Pine Bluff...
[Image: xsZ1e8c.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Great start to the week Deano---here's some action near Peter's Corner

[Image: 51706560943_d70f275100_k.jpg]P1450299 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Getting ready for the big snow. Prediction is for a lot.  Going to earn that free storage time.    
charlie
WOW Charlie---I had to look twice to make sure your picture wasn't real  Icon_e_surprised Icon_eek Worship---I think you have created a theme for the week---that snowfall has spread over the Great White North and Leetown is getting dumped on as well.

Deano, Ed and Charlie, great photos an modeling.   Thumbsup Thumbsup   Charlie it's nice to see that rotary plow in action.   Applause

No snow in South Jersey.  WPCA-51x, a stone train extra, makes it's way down from Camden to the Mannheim Yard.

Bruce

Lots of extras today to cover Leetown's first snowfall.

[Image: 51709119750_9a4e4e5101_k.jpg]P1450301 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Deano - Those patched units look like they hhave seen some better days. Great shot.

Ed - Nice looking consist in the first photo. That is a schme and road I have not seen before. The other two snow shots are great.

Charlie - Great scene.The rotary plow is very impressive.

Bruce - Good old Conrail in South Jersey never gets old. Cool photo.

A short one for this week. A PRR local passing the Water Tower with MP54 MU Coaches by Con-Cor.

MumP54 Trailer Unpowered by Con-Cor
[Image: 2UNiO21.jpg]

MumP54 Coach Powered by Con-Cor
[Image: 9cP7uYp.jpg]

Here is one with the local pulling into the under-construction passenger station area as a GG1 (Bachmann) brings in a long-distance train.
[Image: 7tJqG8C.jpg]

Video
https://youtu.be/TdrfFZ4cymc
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(11-27-2021, 09:46 PM)tompm Wrote: Deano - Those patched units look like they hhave seen some better days. Great shot.

Ed - Nice looking consist in the first photo. That is a schme and road I have not seen before. The other two snow shots are great.

Charlie - Great scene.The rotary plow is very impressive.

Bruce - Good old Conrail in South Jersey never gets old. Cool photo.

A short one for this week. A PRR local passing the Water Tower with MP54 MU Coaches by Con-Cor.

MumP54 Trailer Unpowered by Con-Cor
[Image: 2UNiO21.jpg]

MumP54 Coach Powered by Con-Cor
[Image: 9cP7uYp.jpg]

Here is one with the local pulling into the under-construction passenger station area as a GG1 (Bachmann) brings in a long-distance train.
[Image: 7tJqG8C.jpg]

Video
https://youtu.be/TdrfFZ4cymc

Whoa, those are neat. I don’t think I have ever seen anything like that.
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
A while ago I had a call from Doctor Wayne that there was a "special" train consist in Lowbanks that was about to head south to it's new owner---luckily I was able to get a couple of pictures just before it left.I just saw a recent picture that this unit has been put to good use in it's new home.

Big Grin 
The snow has got to the point where the plow has started to work. Hopefully it will end and we will have a slow melt.  I noticed the railroad wasn't concerned about blowing the snow toward the city street Icon_e_biggrin .     Charlie
Those are very convincing snow effects, Charlie.  I hope you don't mind, but I copied your original snow picture and re-posted it in the MR Forum, where someone had asked about making a snow scene for their layout.  The other replies there, up to that point, had been pretty lame, but your photo got some very favourable replies.

Wayne
(11-28-2021, 10:50 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Those are very convincing snow effects, Charlie.  I hope you don't mind, but I copied your original snow picture and re-posted it in the MR Forum, where someone had asked about making a snow scene for their layout.  The other replies there, up to that point, had been pretty lame, but your photo got some very favourable replies.

Wayne

Wayne, I used diatomaceous earth for the snow and it was an easy vacuum clean up, Of course there was some photoshop involved too. That shot was taken with an F8 aperture and a 1.5 sec exposure while I had some DE falling from a shaker. I could probably do better if I had more time.  The second shot had a lot more manipulation.  That plow will be showcased 1 more time before winter is out.
Charlie
Looks like that snow may be around for a while