Weekly Photo Fun 2/11 - 2/17/22
Dropping a car for Venice Maid Foods.

Bruce

Bruce, Awesome shot! Applause Applause Icon_e_biggrin

My contribution...
[Image: cj9y93s.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Mikadoes were the standard freight power on the Leetown Division---here's S1G #3513 getting ready for her next assignment

[Image: 51766999695_832015276c_k.jpg]P1450505 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
My contribution is a shot of the northwest corner of the Wilderson Division.      Charlie
Here is an oldie I found. LNE FA1 and FB1 on the old layout at the Grain Elevator.

[Image: full]

[Image: full]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
[Image: 51877290881_495a74a664_k.jpg]P1450994 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Veranda Gas turbine, on a run from the RR Museum... Misngth 
[Image: lpICm0u.jpg]
Deano - With the turbine what was the tender used for?

Here is one I found that I don't think I posted before.

Lehigh & Hudson River C420 passing Penn Central RS11 at the Water Tower. Both locos by Atlas.

[Image: hK2n3gB.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Tom, the tender was used for the Bunker C fuel oil, used to run it, at the time it was really cheap so it was great for keeping the cost to run those down. Thanks for asking! Icon_e_biggrin
Just finished a couple of boxcar kits...

This one is from Yankee Clipper, and is a model of the CPR's "Minibox" boxcar...

...I built it mostly to the kit's instructions, but added some extra weight, so it's about 5.3oz.

This one is from Red Caboose, basically a Pennsy X-29 slightly modified into a B&O M-26B...

...another offering from Red Caboose, built as per the instructions, as an X-29...

This kit was the same, but I modified the car with some extra hardware to create an X-29 Railway Express Agency car...

This last one is an old Train Miniature version of the X-29, but modified to look similar to some doublesheathed New York Central boxcars, built in 1916, that were later rebuilt in the mid-'30s as steel cars (quite similar to the Pennsy's X-29s), and the Central transferred 300 of them to their Canada Southern subsidiary...

I hope to get back to my baggage car build, now that these are out of the way.

Wayne
WOW! Icon_e_surprised ,OUTSTANDING JOB, Wayne Applause ,  the weathering is absolutely SUPERB, too  Worship Worship Worship
Applause Another nice week, great modeling and photography by all.  Applause

Bruce
I totally agree Bruce. Those box cars from Wayne are just the icing on the cake. 
I wonder what bunker C oil goes for on todays market. Is that what the 4014 uses?
Charlie
(02-13-2022, 09:18 AM)Charlie B Wrote: I totally agree Bruce. Those box cars from Wayne are just the icing on the cake. 
I wonder what bunker C oil goes for on todays market. Is that what the 4014 uses?
Charlie

I am sorry Charlie, I cant answer either of those questions Icon_redface . I do know the Veranda turbines were successful, thus, they made and ordered another series of Gas Turbines, commonly called the "Big Blow's" . (one of the MANY pics I have taken of the Gas Turbine at the IRM)
[Image: AiAVbE8.jpg]

What killed UP's Gas Turbines in the end was a couple things, they were very loud, so they were limited on how far into towns they could travel into, and of coarse, the cost of Bunker C fuel went through the roof in the early 70's so that pretty much put an end to UP's Gas Turbines Icon_cry .