ezday's scratchbuild 2022 challenge
Looks nice!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Thanks for the info Don.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks everybody, made progress on my curved roof yesterday. I decided to go with the metal look, so I took Jim's suggestion and tried to form the curve using a heat gun. Had problems with the styrene, so I went with the Plas-Tex that I used for the kitchen walls. It bent easily but had some memory, so I did an extreme curve (first photo) and let to come back to rest where it wanted to (second photo). I found a Mrs. Dash bottle that had the profile that I wanted and glued strips of balsa and .020 styrene to the sheet. It sprung out just a bit, but I can make it fit. It is a bit oversized, better that than too small.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
The roof came out good.

There are two old Arby style buildings near us. One is still an Arby's the other is a local hamburger chain. Unfortunately the "hat" signs are gone. Next I am over that way I will try to get a photo.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(03-18-2022, 10:12 AM)tompm Wrote: The roof came out good.

There are two old Arby style buildings near us. One is still an Arby's the other is a local hamburger chain. Unfortunately the "hat" signs are gone. Next I am over that way I will try to get a photo.

Thanks, it would be interesting to see an old Arby's that hasn't been updated. Some have been abandon, some turned into used car lots or taco joints. I did find a face-on shot of the hat sign that I can redraw. The neon tubes distorts the lettering, plus there's not enough contrast to see anything at N scale.

They are building a new Arby's about a mile from my house, I'll bet it won't look anything like the old ones did, including the sign.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Still working on the roof. Got it painted, needs touch up, but the color is OK. Had a problem with its memory, it kept trying to go flat very slowly, so I glued a support on the underside and clamped it tight as the glue dried. It now fits. The last shot shows it temporarily in place. I won't glue it or the kitchen in place until I get the interior detailed. You can see some of the booths in the last photo.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thumbs Up 
looking good don .
Jim
Coming along nicely!
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Nice work Don!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
That looks great so far!
Yeah, anything curved like that is a challenge..
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks guys, I'm now into the small details not sure how that will turn out.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don,

this looks great Applause

Waiting fo more to come Popcornbeer

Lutz
Thank you Lutz, got a bit more done as I keep trying to make things look worthy of this challenge.

I've added a white LED to the dining area and one to light the kitchen. The hole above the order counter is where I'll run the LED wire and hope that it will look like a pipe or duct going from the kitchen roof. There are a few folks getting ready to order and some already seated. Just a garbage container near each door and that completes what I need for inside detailing. It's not super-detailed and even a bit sloppy, but it will only be viewed from the outside so I wasn't really too careful. I've also started to detail the kitchen roof.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good job, Don. I am amazed what you are doing in such a small scale.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thumbs Up 
what can one say except  looking great .
Jim