Jims kit bash challenge
well got started on the bash and boy its a challenge all right the original builder must have used 1/2 a tube of cement on it as you can see its in sad shape         got it striped down to what I will save front wall is gone will be replaced with a freight  door , all the  other windows and doors will be replaced with Tichy ones  second story will be for road agent to live .       
jim
It's always a challenge to dismantle something someone else put together, especially removing glue. Good luck, looks like you have a plan...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sounds like fun - and a real challenge!!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
well got to work on this a bit the first thing was to make a new wall for train side (front) with second story add on its three separate  pieces of styrene the bottom is .080 shiplap the top is .060 v groove with a piece of ho scale 4 by 6 . photo is not the best but shows it well enough.     
jim
Rebuilding something someone else already built is always a challenge.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(03-22-2022, 09:12 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Rebuilding something someone else already built is always a challenge.

That's why the call this a "challenge".... A whole tube of glue to make sure the roof stays on. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
That roof looks like the type that you would find on a haunted mansion
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
slight hold up on this waiting for a package from Tichy .
Jim
ok got the doors , the ground floor is complete ,  windows and doors are just taped in as i need to paint wall and add windows in second story     
Jim
Good to see progress.
Mike

Nice job!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
worked on the rest of the second floor and thought I'd share the way I layout for windows . i use a fine tipped mechanical  pencell to mark the bottom of sash and on vertical siding I just count out the spaces and mark then drill 5 holes inside the marks , using a #11 blade i make a cut between the holes , then finish out with small file . the bottom mark assures that all the windows will line up.        
Jim
Getting windows square and level isn't always an easy task. That reference line is a good idea.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
on with the challenge , the basic building is now complete without windows need to paint walls  a rich brown oxide with trim being  lead white  will add corrugated tin to canopy and a deck to back side for second story access . once painted you wouldn't know that part of it is the old station .            
Jim
Looking good!
Mike