The latest twist on"your warranty has expired"
My phone just rang with the caller id of Wellmark Blue Cross which is where I have my supplemental insurance.  When the recording started I was informed that the warrant on my car had expired.  They get more devious by the minute.  I wonder how many people answered the call expecting it to be about their health insurance?  End of rant!

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(04-22-2022, 09:56 AM)FiatFan Wrote: My phone just rang with the caller id of Wellmark Blue Cross which is where I have my supplemental insurance.  When the recording started I was informed that the warrant on my car had expired.  They get more devious by the minute.  I wonder how many people answered the call expecting it to be about their health insurance?  End of rant!

Tom

Yes, I've seen my caller ID show as Blue Cross and really be spam. I also was surprised one day to see that it was me calling myself. Since I regularly talk to myself, I didn't bother to pick up the call. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
You can waste you time by asking to be put on the do not call list, but I took the time to string a guy along for over 45 minutes (you have to be really creative) and in the end he called me a no good S O B and hung up.....So far no more calls about my extended warranty Wink

Don't mess with old folks that have a little spare time.   

Charlie
I've had them all... and the Do Not Call list doesn't work anymore.

I received a text from Verizon:
If you receive a call from your own number, DO NOT answer it.
Verizon has been hacked for all it's available numbers.

This was about 3 months ago..... Unreal!!!!

At least they admitted it. Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
If you click on, "contact us" here, that email goes to me. I constantly get spam that way, today took the cake, "I saw Big Blue on Twitter and....", to continue, "I wish to sell, con, steal or somehow swindle you out of something". As you well know, we do not have a presence on Twitter. and barely have one on Facebook. Most likely the same folks that call with vehicle warranties and computer repairs.

The other day I missed out on collecting my $1,800,000 that I won in the Readers Digest sweepstakes because I didn't call the number back to give them the info they wanted. Nope

I like your approach Charlie, don't mess with us old folk...  Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hey! Criminals need to make a living too you know!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(04-23-2022, 12:00 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Hey! Criminals need to make a living too you know!!!!! Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

We have a system that will give those folks free room and board, free meals, clothing and medical care. They are in secure quarters with bars for their protection and even get paid if they chose to work at something like making license plates. Big Grin

Then there is the other system that gives them all that without the bars and pays them without the work requirement.  Icon_e_surprised

All this and yet they chose to try to get our money instead.Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and